- The report contains detailed information about Ingersoll-Rand Plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ingersoll-Rand Plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ingersoll-Rand Plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ingersoll-Rand Plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ingersoll-Rand Plc business.
About Ingersoll-Rand Plc
Ingersoll-Rand plc engages in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of a portfolio of industrial and commercial products in the United States and internationally. The company provides products, services, and solutions for the quality of air in homes and buildings, transport and protect food and perishables, secure homes, and commercial properties.
The companys business segments consist of Climate Solutions; Residential Solutions; Industrial Technologies; and Security Technologies.
The Climate Solutions segment delivers refrigeration and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) solutions worldwide. Encompassing the transport and stationary refrigeration markets, as well as the commercial HVAC markets, this segment offers customers a range of products, services, and solutions to manage controlled temperature environments. This segment includes the brands, such as Hussmann, Thermo King, and Trane.
Products: This segments products include aftermarket parts and service; diesel-powered temperature control systems; air cleaners; display merchandisers; air conditioners; furnaces; air exchangers; heat pumps; air handlers; humidifiers; airside and terminal devices; installation contracting; applied systems; package heating and cooling systems; auxiliary idle reduction; refrigerated containers; auxiliary temperature management; refrigeration and electrical houses; boilers; refrigeration systems; building management systems; surface and air sanitation; bus and rail HVAC systems; thermostats/controls; coils and condensers; unitary systems; containers and gensets; vehicle-powered truck refrigeration systems; and control systems walk-in coolers and freezers Cryogenic temperature control systems.
The Residential Solutions segment provides safety and comfort to homeowners throughout North America and parts of South America. It offers customers a range of products, services and solutions, including mechanical and electronic locks, HVAC systems, indoor air quality solutions, advanced controls, portable security systems, and remote home management. This segment comprises brands, such as American Standard, Schlage, and Trane.
Products: This segments products include air cleaners; furnaces; air conditioners; heat pumps; air exchangers; humidifiers; air handlers; package heating and cooling systems; boilers; portable security products; door locks, latches and locksets; thermostats/controls; electrical security products; unitary systems; and electronic access-control systems.
The Industrial Technologies segment provides products, services, and solutions, including compressed air systems, tools, pumps, fluid handling systems, golf, and utility vehicles in addition to micro turbines. This segment includes the Club Car and Ingersoll Rand brands.
Products: This segments products include air and electric tools; fluid-handling equipment; air balancers; golf vehicles; air compressors & accessories; lubrication equipment; air motors; material handling equipment; air treatment; microturbines; blowers; piston pumps; diaphragm pumps; utility vehicles; and engine-starting systems.
The Security Technologies segment provides products and services that make environments safe, secure, and productive. The segments major products include electronic and biometric access control systems and software, locks and locksets, door closers, exit devices, steel doors and frames, portable security devices, as well as time, attendance and personnel scheduling systems. These products serve a range of markets including the commercial construction market, healthcare, retail, maritime, and transport industries, as well as educational and governmental facilities. This segment includes the CISA, LCN, Schlage, and Von Duprin brands.
Products: This segments products include automatic doors; doors and door frames (steel); biometric access control systems; electrical security products; door closers and controls; electronic access-control systems; door locks, latches and locksets; and exit devices.
On May 22, 2010, Ingersoll-Rand Plc has teamed with First American Commercial Bancorp, Inc. to create leasing options for security system installations at private K-12 institutions and colleges and universities.
On December 09, 2010, GE Intelligent Platforms, Inc. and Ingersoll-Rand Plc announced the signing of a cooperative agreement to develop an automation platform to meet the energy and operational efficiency needs of data centers. The two companies would work together to develop intelligent offerings that include the world-class industrial solutions of GE and the industry-leading HVAC expertise of Trane, a business of Ingersoll Rand, a world leader in creating and sustaining safe, comfortable and efficient environments.
Ingersoll-Rand plc was founded in 1905.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ingersoll-Rand Plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ingersoll-Rand Plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ingersoll-Rand Plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ingersoll-Rand Plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ingersoll-Rand Plc Industry Position Analysis
6. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INGERSOLL-RAND PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Major Shareholders
Ingersoll-Rand Plc History
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Offices and Representations
Ingersoll-Rand Plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Capital Market Snapshot
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ingersoll-Rand Plc 1-year Stock Charts
Ingersoll-Rand Plc 5-year Stock Charts
Ingersoll-Rand Plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ingersoll-Rand Plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ingersoll-Rand Plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?