- The report contains detailed information about IMI plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for IMI plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The IMI plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes IMI plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of IMI plc business.
About IMI plc
IMI plc, a holding company, provides solutions and services for a range of industrial and retail customers. The company operates in three main business areas that include fluid controls, retail dispense and building products.
The companys Fluid controls segment engages in the Severe Service, Fluid Power, and Indoor Climate business.
Severe Service: The company, through Controlling critical processes (CCI), engages in the severe service valves business. CCIs valves helps companies operate in the power, petrochemical, oil and gas, and pulp and paper facilities to minimize risk in the handling of corrosive liquids being used at high temperatures, pressures, and velocities.
Fluid Power: The companys Fluid Power business, Norgren, provides a range of sophisticated pneumatic and fluid control solutions. These solutions enable machine builders to optimize the design of their picking, placing, and positioning functions; and provide facility operators with clean, compressed air to power those machines.
Fluid Power provides essential pneumatic systems for original equipment manufacturers in markets, such as commercial vehicles, medical, printing and packaging and in-plant automotive. Its major customers include Volvo, General Motors, Heidelberg and Krones.
In July the acquisition of Fluid Automation Systems (FAS), a technology Swiss company specializing in miniature solenoid valve solutions. FASs specialized applications include respiration and in-vitro diagnostics. The acquisition of Syron, a U.S.-based specialist, in February 2005 increased its ability to provide end-of-arm tooling solutions to automotive manufacturers.
Indoor Climate: Indoor Climate services building and facility operators aiding energy conservation and cost control. Its indoor climate business designs and delivers products and services that is essential to the provision of problem-free, energy efficient and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Its core brands are TA and Heimeier.
The Retail Dispense segment engages in the Beverage Dispense and Merchandising Systems business.
Beverage Dispense: Beverage Dispense designs and manufactures still and carbonated beverage dispense systems to help multinational businesses sell in draught form their branded alcoholic and soft drinks. IMIs beverage dispense business operates through, Cornelius, which creates products and services for the beverage brand owners, retailers, and restaurants.
Merchandising Systems: Merchandising Systems designs and supplies point of purchase displays. The companys businesses, Cannon, Display Technologies, DCI Marketing, and Artform, allow the supply chain businesses to enable consumers to action at the point of purchase.
Building Products, comprises the Polypipe operations, which provide plastic pipes and building service products for the construction and building industry.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IMI PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IMI PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IMI PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IMI PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IMI PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. IMI plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of IMI plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of IMI plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. IMI plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. IMI plc Industry Position Analysis
6. IMI PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IMI PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IMI PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IMI PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IMI PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IMI PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
IMI plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
IMI plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
IMI plc Major Shareholders
IMI plc History
IMI plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
IMI plc Offices and Representations
IMI plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
IMI plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
IMI plc Capital Market Snapshot
IMI plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
IMI plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
IMI plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
IMI plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
IMI plc 1-year Stock Charts
IMI plc 5-year Stock Charts
IMI plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
IMI plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
IMI plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?