- The report contains detailed information about Heroux-Devtek Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Heroux-Devtek Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Heroux-Devtek Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Heroux-Devtek Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Heroux-Devtek Inc. business.
About Heroux-Devtek Inc.
Heroux-Devtek Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture and repair of systems and components for the Aerospace market and manufactures components for the Industrial market.
In the Aerospace segment, the company supplies both the commercial and military sectors with landing gear, including spare parts, repair and overhaul services; and airframe structural components, including kits. In the Commercial sector, the company is active in business jet, regional jet, regional turboprop, helicopters and commercial jet markets. On the Military side, the company also provides parts and services for major military aircraft mainly in the United States.
The Aerospace segment consists of the Landing Gear and Aerostructure Divisions.
Landing Gear Division: The Landing Gear Division engages in the design, development, manufacture, repair, and overhaul of aircraft landing gear, hydraulic flight control actuators and fracture-critical components. It operates out of four sites located in Longueuil, Laval and Montreal, Québec and Kitchener, Ontario. While the maintenance and refurbishing of landing gear for the U.S. Air Force fleet still represent an important part of its activities, this division also manufactures landing gear and related components for a range of aircraft.
The Longueuil site concentrates on repair and overhaul activities, the manufacture of landing gear major components and assembly work; the Kitchener site concentrates on the manufacture of landing gear cylinders and other components; and the Laval and Montréal sites focus on helicopter components, hydraulic actuators, and smaller landing gear components. Furthermore, the Kitchener site produces spare parts for out-of-production aircraft.
Aerostructure Division: The Aerostructure Division manufactures non-airframe structural components. It also manufactures structural components and sub-assemblies, such as those used in the wings or fuselage of commercial aircraft. The Division manufactures parts according to drawings and specifications issued by their customers (build-to-print) and are typically responsible for the machining and processes involved in components production, even if some of the processes (such as plating, anodizing, painting) are performed by approved suppliers.
The company manufactures five-axis components in aluminum, aluminum-lithium or titanium. It is a supplier for the major U.S. fighter programs, such as F-15, F-16, F-18, F-22 and JSF, as well as non-fighter aircraft, such as C-17. The company provides precision components and assemblies to the defense and aerospace industries. It also manufactures electronic enclosures, heat exchangers, and cabinets for suppliers of airborne radar, electro-optic systems, and aircraft engine controls. Its electro-mechanical assemblies include power dividers for naval radar systems and space payload interfaces for manoeuvre and retrieval systems.
The Industrial Segment consists of the components for power generation (industrial gas turbine and wind turbine) and other industrial products (heavy machinery and earth moving equipment).
Gas Turbine Components Division: The Gas Turbine Components Division is a major supplier for power generation engine manufacturers. The products manufactured by the Gas Turbine Components Division fall into two main categories: components for power generation industry and other components intended for industrial markets. Major components for industrial gas turbines are mainly sold to customers in the power generation industry, while other mechanical components are used by other industrial segments, such as heavy industry. It also supplies components to the growing wind turbine market.
The company serves a range of customers in the different markets in which it operates. In the aerospace landing gear and aerostructure markets, the company serves mainly OEMs and second-tier system suppliers. Its commercial customers include Bell Helicopter Textron, Boeing, Bombardier Aerospace, Goodrich, Lockheed-Martin Aeronautics Company, Messier-Dowty, Northrup Grumman, Embraer, Sikorsky, and Vought. In the military sector, the companys customers include the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the Canadian Air Force, and NATO countries. In the power generation market, the companys principal customer is GE Energy. Other industrial customers of the Gas Turbine Components Division include Caterpillar Inc.
Heroux-Devtek Inc. was founded in 1942.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Heroux-Devtek Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Heroux-Devtek Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Heroux-Devtek Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Heroux-Devtek Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Heroux-Devtek Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEROUX-DEVTEK INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Major Shareholders
Heroux-Devtek Inc. History
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Offices and Representations
Heroux-Devtek Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Heroux-Devtek Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Heroux-Devtek Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Heroux-Devtek Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Heroux-Devtek Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Heroux-Devtek Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?