- The report contains detailed information about Harsco Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Harsco Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Harsco Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Harsco Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Harsco Corporation business.
About Harsco Corporation
Harsco Corporation provides industrial services and engineered products worldwide. The company has operations in various countries in the Middle East, including Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as India.
The companys operations fall into three segments: Harsco Infrastructure, Harsco Metals, and Harsco Rail.
Harsco Infrastructure segment
The Harsco Infrastructure segment rents and sells equipment and provides erection and dismantling services to principally the non-residential and infrastructure construction and industrial plant maintenance markets.
The Harsco Infrastructure segment offers engineered rental scaffolding, shoring, concrete forming, and other access-related solutions. The segment operates from a network of branches throughout the world, including North America, Europe, the Gulf Region of the Middle East, Africa, the Asia-Pacific, and Latin America. Services include the rental of concrete shoring and forming systems; scaffolding for non-residential and infrastructure construction projects and industrial maintenance requirements; as well as various other infrastructure services, including project engineering and equipment erection and dismantling and, to a lesser extent, equipment sales. Harsco Metals operates in approximately 30 countries.
Harsco Rail Segment
The Harsco Rail segment provides equipment and services to maintain, repair, and construct railway track. The companys railway track maintenance services, solutions and specialized track maintenance equipment support private and government-owned railroads and urban transit system worldwide. The companys rail products are produced in three countries and products and services are provided worldwide.
All Other Category - Harsco Minerals & Harsco Industrial
The All Other Category includes the Harsco Minerals, Harsco Industrial IKG, Harsco Industrial Air-X-Changers, and Harsco Industrial Patterson-Kelley business units.
Harsco Minerals is a multinational company that extracts metallic content for production re-use on behalf of steelmakers and also engages in the development of minerals technologies for commercial applications, including agriculture fertilizers. It also produces industrial abrasives and roofing granules from power-plant utility coal slag at a number of locations throughout the United States. The companys BLACK BEAUTY abrasives are used for industrial surface preparation, such as rust removal and cleaning of bridges, ship hulls, and various structures. Roofing granules are sold to residential roofing shingle manufacturers, primarily for the replacement roofing market. This business unit produces slag abrasives and residential roofing granules in the United States.
Harsco Industrial IKG manufactures a varied line of industrial grating products at its plants in North America. These products include a range of bar grating configurations, which are used mainly in industrial flooring, as well as safety and security applications in the power, paper, chemical, refining, and processing industries.
Harsco Industrial Air-X-Changers is a supplier of custom-designed and manufactured air-cooled heat exchangers for the natural gas industry. The companys heat exchangers are the primary apparatus used to condition natural gas during recovery, compression, and transportation from underground reserves through the pipeline distribution channels.
Harsco Industrial Patterson-Kelley is a manufacturer of heat transfer products, such as boilers and water heaters for commercial and institutional applications.
Harsco Corporation was founded in 1956.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HARSCO CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HARSCO CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HARSCO CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HARSCO CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HARSCO CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Harsco Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Harsco Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Harsco Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Harsco Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Harsco Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. HARSCO CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HARSCO CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HARSCO CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HARSCO CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HARSCO CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HARSCO CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Harsco Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Harsco Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Harsco Corporation Major Shareholders
Harsco Corporation History
Harsco Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Harsco Corporation Offices and Representations
Harsco Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Harsco Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Harsco Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Harsco Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Harsco Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Harsco Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Harsco Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Harsco Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Harsco Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Harsco Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Harsco Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Harsco Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?