- The report contains detailed information about Gentex Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gentex Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gentex Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gentex Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gentex Corp. business.
About Gentex Corp.
Gentex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets proprietary products employing electro-optic technology. The company manufactures electro-optic products, including automatic-dimming rearview mirrors for the automotive industry and fire protection products primarily for the commercial building industry. It also manufactures variable dimmable windows for the aircraft industry and non automatic-dimming rearview automotive mirrors with electronic features for the automotive industry.
Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirrors
Interior Auto-Dimming Mirrors: The company offers interior auto-dimming mirror, the auto-dimming headlamp control mirror, an automatic-dimming mirror that automatically turns car head- and taillamps on and off at dusk and dawn in response to the level of light observed. It also offers an auto-dimming compass mirror, with an electronic compass that automatically compensates for changes in the earths magnetic field; and interior auto-dimming mirror that digitally displays either a compass or outside temperature reading. It also offers compass mirrors with light-emitting diode (LED) map lamps, a major improvement over mirrors with standard incandescent map lamps.
Exterior Auto-Dimming Mirror Sub-Assemblies: The company has allocated its research and development efforts to the development of its electrochromic technology to permit its use in exterior rearview mirrors. Exterior auto-dimming mirrors are controlled by the sensors and electronic circuitry in the interior auto-dimming mirror, and both the interior and exterior mirrors dim simultaneously. It offers its exterior auto-dimming mirrors with turn-signal indicators and side blind zone features. It sells its exterior auto-dimming mirror sub-assemblies to exterior mirror suppliers of the automakers who assemble the exterior auto-dimming mirror sub-assemblies into full mirror units for subsequent resale to the automakers.
Non-Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirrors
The company offers non-auto-dimming exterior mirrors with electronic features (side blind zone indicators) in low volume. Advanced-feature auto-dimming mirrors being offered by the company include the auto-dimming headlamp control mirror, the auto-dimming lighted mirror with light-emitting diode (LED) map lamps, the auto-dimming compass mirror, the auto-dimming mirror with remote keyless entry, the auto-dimming compass/temperature mirror, the auto-dimming dual display compass/temperature mirror, auto-dimming telematics mirrors, and the auto-dimming HomeLink mirror. The company is shipping auto-dimming mirrors with SmartBeam for 33 vehicle models. It ships auto-dimming mirrors with its Rear Camera Display (RCD) Mirror for 56 vehicle models.
In addition, the company has developed its own compass technology, which can be sold as a system with the compass heading displayed in the interior auto-dimming mirror. The Gentex compass technology is called Z-Nav, as it features a proprietary, digital, tri-axis sensor (transducer) and software. The company also developed an ALS (Active Light Sensor) technology as an intelligent CMOS light sensor to control the dimming of its rearview mirrors. It also developed a new microphone designed specifically for use in the automotive environment for telematics applications.
Automotive Mirrors Markets and Marketing
In North America, the company markets its products primarily through a direct sales force. It supplies auto-dimming mirrors to General Motors Corporation and Chrysler LLC under long-term agreements, entered into in the ordinary course of business.
Automotive Mirrors Competition
The company competes with Magna Mirrors, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Magna International.
FIRE PROTECTION PRODUCTS
The company manufactures approximately 60 different models of smoke alarms and smoke detectors, combined with approximately 150 different models of signaling appliances. The smoke detectors/alarms operate on a photoelectric principle to detect smoke. In 2009, the company announced the development and subsequent UL listing of its first Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm, as well as an alarm that combines both CO and smoke alarm sensing technology into one unit. These products are designed primarily for applications, such as hotels, motels, hospitals, college dormitories, and nursing homes. The alarm utilizes photoelectric smoke sensing technology and an established CO sensing technology to deliver both smoke and CO protection in one unit.
The companys fire protection products provide the flexibility to be wired as part of multiple-function systems and consequently are generally used in fire detection systems common to large office buildings, hotels, motels, military bases, college dormitories, and other commercial establishments. It also offers single-station alarms for both commercial and residential applications. Its detectors emit audible and/or visual signals in the immediate location of the device, and certain models are able to communicate with monitored remote stations.
Markets and Marketing
The companys fire protection products are sold directly to fire protection and security product distributors under its brand name, to electrical wholesale houses, and to original equipment manufacturers of fire protection systems under both the companys brand name and private labels.
DIMMABLE AIRCRAFT WINDOWS
The company jointly markets and sells its variable dimmable windows to aircraft manufacturers with PPG Aerospace. Its variable dimmable aircraft windows are the first commercialized product for original equipment installation in the aircraft industry.
The company has various customers, including six automotive customers: Toyota Motor Corporation, Volkswagen/Audi, General Motors Corporation, Daimler AG, Ford, and BMW.
Gentex Corporation was founded in 1974.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENTEX CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENTEX CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENTEX CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENTEX CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENTEX CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gentex Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gentex Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gentex Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gentex Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gentex Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. GENTEX CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENTEX CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENTEX CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENTEX CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENTEX CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENTEX CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gentex Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gentex Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gentex Corp. Major Shareholders
Gentex Corp. History
Gentex Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gentex Corp. Offices and Representations
Gentex Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gentex Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gentex Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Gentex Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Gentex Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gentex Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gentex Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gentex Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Gentex Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Gentex Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gentex Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gentex Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?