- The report contains detailed information about FreightCar America Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FreightCar America Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FreightCar America Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FreightCar America Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FreightCar America Inc. business.
About FreightCar America Inc.
FreightCar America, Inc. engages in manufacturing, rebuilding, repairing, selling, and leasing freight cars used for hauling coal, other bulk commodities, steel and other metals, forest products, and automobiles in North America.
Products and Services
The company designs and manufactures aluminum-bodied and steel-bodied railcars that are used in various industries. In addition, the company refurbishes and rebuilds railcars and sells forged, cast and fabricated parts for all of the railcars that it manufactures, as well as those manufactured by others.
The company manufactures two primary types of coal-carrying railcars: gondolas and open-top hoppers.
BethGon Series: The BethGon operates in the aluminum-bodied coal-carrying gondola railcar segment.
AutoFlood Series: The companys aluminum bodied open-top hopper railcar, the AutoFlood, is a five-pocket coal-carrying railcar equipped with a bottom discharge gate mechanism.
Other Coal-Carrying Railcars: The company also manufactures various other types of aluminum and steel-bodied coal-carrying railcars, including triple hopper, hybrid aluminum/stainless steel and flat bottom gondola railcars.
Other Railcar Types: The companys portfolio of other railcar types includes the following:
The AVC Aluminum Vehicle Carrier design is used to transport commercial and light vehicles (automobiles and trucks) from assembly plants and ports to rail distribution centers; the Articulated Bulk Container railcar is designed to carry dense bulk products such as waste products in 20 foot containers; Intermodal Double Stack railcars, including a stand-alone, 40 foot well car and the DynaStack articulated, 5-unit, 40 foot well car for international containers; a Small Cube Covered Hopper railcar used to transport high density products such as roofing granules, fly ash, sand and cement; a Mill Gondola Railcar used to transport steel products and scrap; Slab and Coil steel railcars designed specifically for transportation of steel slabs and coil steel products, respectively; Flat Railcars, Bulkhead Flat Railcars and Centerbeam Flat Railcars designed to transport various products, including machinery and equipment, steel and structural steel components (including pipe), forest products and other bulky industrial products; a Woodchip Gondola Railcar designed to haul woodchips and municipal waste or other high-volume, low-density commodities; and various non-coal carrying open top hopper railcars designed to carry aggregates, iron ore, taconite pellets, petroleum coke, and other bulk commodities.
International Railcar Designs: The company has established a licensing arrangement with a railcar manufacturer in Brazil pursuant to which its technology is used to produce various types of railcars in Brazil. In addition, the company manufactures coal-carrying railcars for export to Latin America and has manufactured intermodal railcars for export to the Middle East. In 2008 the company formed a joint venture in India. The joint venture company, Titagarh FreightCar Private Ltd., is developing prototype railcars based on its designs.
Spare Parts: The company sells replacement parts for its railcars and railcars built by others.
The companys customer base consists mostly of North American financial institutions, shippers, and railroads. Its major customers include Norfolk Southern Corporation, CSX Transportation, Inc., and First Union Rail.
The companys primary aluminum suppliers are Alcoa Inc. and Alcan Inc. The companys primary component suppliers include Amsted Industries, Inc., which supplies the company with castings and couplers through its American Steel Foundries subsidiary, wheels through its Griffin Wheel Company subsidiary, draft components through its Keystone subsidiary and bearings through its Brenco subsidiary. Roll Form Group, a division of Samuel Manu-Tech, Inc., is the sole supplier of its cold-rolled center sills.
The company has four principal competitors in the North American railcar market that primarily manufacture railcars for third-party customers, which are Trinity Industries, Inc., National Steel Car Limited, The Greenbrier Companies, Inc., and American Railcar Industries, Inc.
FreightCar America, Inc. was founded in 1901.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FreightCar America Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FreightCar America Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FreightCar America Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FreightCar America Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FreightCar America Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FREIGHTCAR AMERICA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FreightCar America Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FreightCar America Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FreightCar America Inc. Major Shareholders
FreightCar America Inc. History
FreightCar America Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FreightCar America Inc. Offices and Representations
FreightCar America Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FreightCar America Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FreightCar America Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
FreightCar America Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
FreightCar America Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FreightCar America Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FreightCar America Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FreightCar America Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
FreightCar America Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
FreightCar America Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FreightCar America Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FreightCar America Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?