- The report contains detailed information about Forward Air Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Forward Air Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Forward Air Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Forward Air Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Forward Air Corp. business.
About Forward Air Corp.
Forward Air Corporation provides transportation and related logistics services in North America.
The companys operations are classified into two segments: Forward Air, Inc. (Forward Air) and Forward Air Solutions, Inc. (FASI).
Forward Air segment
Through its Forward Air segment, the company is a provider of time-definite surface transportation and related logistics services to the North American deferred air freight market. The company offers its customers local pick-up and delivery (Forward Air Complete) and scheduled surface transportation of cargo as an alternative to air transportation. The company operates its Forward Air segment through a network of terminals located on or near airports in 84 cities in the United States and Canada, including a central sorting facility in Columbus, Ohio and 12 regional hubs serving key markets. The company also offers its customers an array of logistics and other services including expedited truckload brokerage (TLX); fleets; warehousing; customs brokerage; and shipment consolidation, deconsolidation and handling.
Through its Forward Air segment, the company markets its airport-to-airport services primarily to air freight forwarders, integrated air cargo carriers, and passenger and cargo airlines. To serve this market, the company offers customers a level of service with a focus on on-time, damage-free deliveries. The company serves its customers by locating terminals on or near airports and maintaining regularly scheduled transportation service between major cities.
Direct Service and Regional Hubs: The company operates direct terminal-to-terminal services and regional overnight service between terminals where justified by freight volumes. The company provides regional overnight service to its markets with in its network. The company operates regional hubs in Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Newark, Newburgh, Orlando, and Sacramento.
Logistics and Other Services: The companys logistics and other services allow customers to access the following services: from a single source: expedited truckload brokerage, or TLX; fleets; customs brokerage, such as assistance with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (U.S. Customs) procedures for both import and export shipments; warehousing, dock and office space; drayage and intermodal; hotshot or ad-hoc expedited services; and shipment consolidation and handling, such as shipment build-up and break-down and reconsolidation of air or ocean pallets or containers.
Forward Air Solutions (FASI) segment
Through its FASI segment the company provides pool distribution services through a network of terminals and service locations in 19 cities throughout the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Midwest and Southwest continental the United States. The companys primary customers for this product are regional and nationwide distributors and retailers, such as mall, strip mall and outlet-based retail chains. The companys pool distribution network consists of terminals and service locations in 19 cities.
Customers and Marketing
The companys Forward Air wholesale customer base is primarily comprised of air freight forwarders, integrated air cargo carriers and passenger and cargo airlines. The companys air freight forwarder customers vary in size from small, independent, single facility companies to large, international logistics companies such as SEKO Worldwide, AIT Worldwide Logistics, Associated Global, UPS Supply Chain Solutions and Pilot Air Freight. The company delivers dependable service, integrated air cargo carriers, such as UPS Cargo and DHL Worldwide Express. The companys passenger and cargo airline customers include British Airways, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
The companys FASI pool distribution customers are primarily comprised of national and regional retailers and distributors, such as The Limited, The Marmaxx Group, The GAP, Blockbuster, and Aeropostale.
Forward Air Corporation was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FORWARD AIR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FORWARD AIR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FORWARD AIR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FORWARD AIR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FORWARD AIR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Forward Air Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Forward Air Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Forward Air Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Forward Air Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Forward Air Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. FORWARD AIR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FORWARD AIR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FORWARD AIR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FORWARD AIR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FORWARD AIR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FORWARD AIR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Forward Air Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Forward Air Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Forward Air Corp. Major Shareholders
Forward Air Corp. History
Forward Air Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Forward Air Corp. Offices and Representations
Forward Air Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Forward Air Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Forward Air Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Forward Air Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
Forward Air Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Forward Air Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Forward Air Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Forward Air Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Forward Air Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Forward Air Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Forward Air Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Forward Air Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?