- The report contains detailed information about Fanuc Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fanuc Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fanuc Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fanuc Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fanuc Ltd. business.
About Fanuc Ltd.
Fanuc Ltd (the Company) was established in 1972. The Company and its consolidated subsidiaries (together, the Group) were founded in 1956 when the company started developing numerical controls (NCs) and servo systems. The Group focuses on the development and production of CNC systems and related products based on FANUCs CNC system technologies. Ultimately, FANUC CNCs and the related application systems are used in automated production systems.
By concentrating on the development and production of CNC system technologies and associated application systems, the Group maintains its position as the premier supplier to its customers of world-class CNC systems and the related applications across a broad array of automated production systems.
GE Fanuc Automation Americas, Inc.
GE Fanuc Automation Americas, Inc. is a subsidiary of GE Fanuc Automation Corporation, a 50-50 joint venture established in 1986 with the General Electric Company. This company, also established in 1986 and headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia, develops, manufactures, sells and provides maintenance services for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and CIMPLICITY®, a factory monitoring and controlling software package. The company also sells and provides maintenance for Computer Numerical Controllers (CNCs), and it sells and services industrial lasers.
GE Fanuc Automation Europe S.A.
GE Fanuc Automation Europe S.A. was also established in 1986 as a subsidiary of GE Fanuc Automation Corporation. Headquartered in Luxembourg, the company sells and provides maintenance service for CNCs, as well as sells and provides maintenance service for PLCs, CIMPLICITY® and lasers.
FANUC Robotics America, Inc
FANUC Robotics America, Inc. originated as GMFanuc Robotics Corporation, a 50-50 joint venture with GM established in 1982. The company became a fully owned subsidiary of FANUC in 1992. Headquartered in Detroit, the company is a major robotics company in the Americas.
FANUC Robotics Europe S.A.
FANUC Robotics Europe S.A. started its business as a division of GMFanuc Robotics Corporation and became a 100% subsidiary of FANUC in 1992. Headquartered in Luxembourg, the company develops, sells and provides maintenance service for robot systems as well as sells and provides maintenance service for robots.
Fanuc Korea Corporation
Fanuc Korea Corporation was founded in 1978, first as a joint venture with Whacheon Machinery Works Co., Ltd., and later also with KOLON INTERNATIONAL CORP. as another partner. The company became a subsidiary of FANUC in 1998. Headquartered in Kimhae City, the company engages in manufacture, sale, and maintenance service of CNCs, robot systems, robocuts and robodrills. Its business also includes sale and maintenance service of robots, roboshots and industrial lasers.
Fanuc Taiwan Limited
Fanuc Taiwan Limited was established in 1986 as a subsidiary of FANUC. Headquartered in Taichung, the company engages in manufacture, sale, and maintenance service of CNCs as well as sale and maintenance service of industrial lasers.
Beijing-Fanuc Mechatronics Co., Ltd
Beijing-Fanuc Mechatronics Co., Ltd was founded in 1992 as a joint venture with GE Fanuc Automation Americas, Inc., Beijing Machine Tool Research Institute, and Beijing STRONG High- Tech Development Corp. Headquartered in Beijing City, the company mainly engages in manufacture, sale and maintenance service of CNCs.
Shanghai-Fanuc Robotics Co., Ltd
Shanghai-Fanuc Robotics Co., Ltd. was founded in 1997 as a joint venture with Shanghai Electrical Industrial Investment Corporation. Headquartered in Shanghai City, the company engages in manufacture, sale and maintenance service of robot system, as well as sale and maintenance service of robots and roboshots, contributing to the enhancement of factory automation in China.
Fanuc India Private Limited
Fanuc India Private Limited was established in 1992 as a joint venture with the local companies in India. The company is presently a subsidiary of FANUC, with the 90% ownership by FANUC and the 10% by GE Fanuc Automation Americas, Inc. Headquartered in Bangalore, the company engages in manufacture, sale and maintenance service of CNCs, as well as sale and maintenance service of robots and robomachines.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FANUC LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FANUC LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FANUC LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FANUC LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FANUC LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fanuc Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fanuc Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fanuc Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fanuc Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fanuc Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. FANUC LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FANUC LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FANUC LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FANUC LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FANUC LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FANUC LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fanuc Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fanuc Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fanuc Ltd. Major Shareholders
Fanuc Ltd. History
Fanuc Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fanuc Ltd. Offices and Representations
Fanuc Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fanuc Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fanuc Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Fanuc Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Fanuc Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fanuc Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fanuc Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fanuc Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Fanuc Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Fanuc Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fanuc Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fanuc Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?