- The report contains detailed information about European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. business.
About European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V.
European Aeronautic Defence & Space Co. NV manufactures commercial aircraft, civil helicopters, commercial space launch vehicles, missiles, military aircraft, satellites, defence systems, and defence electronics, and services related to these activities.
The company operates in five divisions: Airbus, Airbus Military, Astrium, Eurocopter, and Defence and Security.
This segment engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and sale of commercial jet aircraft of approximately 100 seats and the development and manufacturing of aircraft for military use.
Customers: This segments major customers include CASGC, DAE Capital, AWAS, Etihad, TAM, Gulf Air, Air One, Vietnam Airlines, CIT, and Asiana.
Competition: This segments competitors include Airbus and Boeing. Airbus also competes in the corporate, VIP business jet market with the ACJ, an A319-based Corporate Jetliner, and the A318 Elite.
Airbus Military produces and sells special mission aircraft, which are derived from existing aircraft platforms and are dedicated to specialized military and security tasks such as in-flight refueling capabilities, maritime surveillance and antisubmarine warfare. Airbus Military also manufactures and sells medium and light military transport aircraft and is responsible for the European heavy military transport A400M project.
Products and Services
Special Mission Aircraft
Strategic Tanker Aircraft A330 MRTT: The A330 MRTT, a derivative of the successful Airbus A330/A340 family, is the air-to-air refuelling aircraft. Airbus Military has contracts for the A330 MRTT with the governments of Australia, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, which have ordered five, three and three aircraft, respectively.
Maritime Patrol Aircraft: Airbus Military provides different solutions ranging from maritime surveillance to anti-submarine warfare missions through aircraft based on the C-212, CN-235, C-295 or P-3 Orion platforms.
Military Transport Aircraft
Airbus A400M: The A400M is designed to meet the aircraft requirements of seven European nations seeking to replace their ageing C-130 Hercules and C-160 Transall fleets.
CN-235 Medium Military Transport: The CN-235-300 is capable of transporting a payload of up to 6,000 kg, accommodating 36 paratroopers, 18 stretchers plus three medical attendants, four of the used types of freight pallets, or oversized loads, such as aircraft engines or helicopter blades.
C-295 Medium Military Transport: The C-295 is equipped with integrated avionics incorporating digital cockpit displays and a flight management system, enabling tactical navigation, planning and the integration of signals from several sensors.
In 2008, Airbus Military signed a contract with Botswana for the supply of one CN-235 aircraft and with the U.S. Company L3 for two.
Competition: This segments competitors include the C-27J Spartan, manufactured by the joint venture LMATTS (Lockheed Martin Alenia Tactical Transport System), and the An-32, manufactured by Antonov. It also competes with the M-28, manufactured by Polskie Zaklady Lotnice, Mielec and the Do-228 manufactured by HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited).
This segment engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and sale of civil and military helicopters and provision of maintenance services. Eurocopter offers a range of helicopters that covers civil and military market spectrum, which it updates continuously with leading-edge technologies. This product range includes light single-engine, light twin-engine, medium and medium-heavy helicopters, and is based on a series of new-generation platforms designed to be adaptable to both military and civil applications.
Customers: Eurocopters principal military clients are European Ministries of Defence (MoDs), as well as MoDs in Asia and the U.S.
Competition: Eurocopters main competitors in this segment are Agusta- Westland in Europe, and in the United States Bell Helicopter (a division of Textron Inc.), Boeing and Sikorsky. Eurocopters main worldwide civil competitors are Bell Helicopter, Agusta-Westland and Sikorsky.
DEFENCE AND SECUR
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EUROPEAN AERONAUTIC DEFENCE AND SPACE COMPANY EADS N.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Major Shareholders
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. History
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Offices and Representations
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Capital Market Snapshot
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. 1-year Stock Charts
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. 5-year Stock Charts
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?