- The report contains detailed information about Eaton Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Eaton Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Eaton Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Eaton Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Eaton Corporation business.
About Eaton Corporation
Eaton Corporation operates as a diversified power management company. The company offers electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. It has operations in approximately 50 countries, and sells products to customers in 150 countries.
Electrical Americas & Electrical Rest of World segment
The Electrical segments products include circuit breakers, switchgear, UPS systems, power distribution units, panelboards, loadcenters, motor controls, meters, sensors, relays, and inverters. The principal markets for the Electrical Americas and Electrical Rest of World segments are industrial, institutional, government, utility, commercial, residential, information technology, and original equipment manufacturer customers. These products are used wherever there is a demand for electrical power in commercial buildings, data centers, residences, apartment and office buildings, hospitals, factories and utilities.
The Hydraulics segment offers hydraulic components and systems for use in mobile and industrial markets. The company offers a range of power products, including pumps, motors and hydraulic power units; a range of controls and sensing products, including valves, cylinders and electronic controls; a range of fluid conveyance products, including industrial and hydraulic hose, fittings, and assemblies, thermoplastic hose and tubing, couplings, connectors, and assembly equipment; filtration systems solutions; heavy-duty drum and disc brakes; and golf grips. The principal market segments for Hydraulics include oil and gas, renewable energy, marine, agriculture, construction, mining, forestry, utility, material handling, truck and bus, machine tools, molding, primary metals and power generation.
The Aerospace segment is a supplier to the commercial and military aviation and aerospace industries. Products include hydraulic power generation systems for aerospace applications including pumps, motors, hydraulic power units, hose and fittings, electro-hydraulic pumps and power and load management systems; controls and sensing products, including valves, cylinders, electronic controls, electromechanical actuators, sensors, displays and panels, aircraft flap and slat systems and nose wheel steering systems; fluid conveyance products, including hose, thermoplastic tubing, fittings, adapters, couplings, sealing and ducting; and fuel systems, including fuel pumps, sensors, valves, adapters and regulators. The principal markets for the Aerospace segment are manufacturers of commercial and military aircraft and related after-market customers.
The Truck segment engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of a line of powertrain systems and components for commercial vehicles. Its products include transmissions, clutches and hybrid electric power systems. The principal markets for the Truck segment are original equipment manufacturers and after-market customers of heavy-, medium- and light-duty trucks and passenger cars. These manufacturers and other customers are located globally, and most sales of these products are made directly to these customers.
The Automotive segment is a supplier of critical components that reduce emissions and fuel consumption and improve stability and performance of cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles. Products include superchargers, engine valves and valve actuation systems, cylinder heads, locking and limited slip differentials, transmission controls, engine controls, fuel vapor components, compressor control clutches for mobile refrigeration, fluid connectors and hoses for air conditioning and power steering, decorative spoilers, underhood plastic components, fluid conveyance products including, hose, thermoplastic tubing, fittings, adapters, couplings, and sealing products to the global automotive industry. The principal markets for the Automotive segment are original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket customers of light-duty trucks and passenger cars. These manufacturers and other customers are located globally, and most sales of these products are made directly to these customers.
In June 2010, Eaton Corporation and Linde Hydraulics Ltd. announced they have entered into a global strategic alliance. Eaton would add Linde's range of high-pressure piston pumps, motors and valves to its portfolio, and Linde would offer Eaton's medium-pressure piston products. In North, Central and South America and in Asia Pacific, Eaton's Hydraulics business would supply Linde Hydraulics products through Eaton's comprehensive sales and services networks and distribution partners.
On July 12, 2010, Eaton Corporation and Shanghai Aircraft Manufacturing Co. Ltd. announced they have signed a joint venture agreement to support the COMAC C919 single-aisle commercial aircraft program.
On July 13, 2010, Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China Ltd. signed agreements with General Electric Co and Eaton Corp. in Shanghai, to get supplies in avionics, fuel and hydraulics conveyance systems from the two firms.
In August 2010, Eaton Corporation announced the formation of an alliance to accelerate the deployment of electric vehicles in cities across China. NESTIA, the New Energy Sustainable Transportation International Alliance, includes Eaton, AECOM Technology Corporation, International Business Machines Corp., Beiqi Foton Motor Company Limited, MGL and electric motor provider Broad Ocean.
On September 23, 2010, Eaton Corporation and Murphy Oil USA Inc. announced a joint collaboration designed to demonstrate to electric vehicle drivers the benefits of fast convenient charging within the familiar environment of a traditional gas station.
Eaton Corporation was founded in 1916.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EATON CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EATON CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EATON CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EATON CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EATON CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Eaton Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Eaton Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Eaton Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Eaton Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Eaton Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. EATON CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EATON CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EATON CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EATON CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EATON CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EATON CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Eaton Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Eaton Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Eaton Corporation Major Shareholders
Eaton Corporation History
Eaton Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Eaton Corporation Offices and Representations
Eaton Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Eaton Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Eaton Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Eaton Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Eaton Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Eaton Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Eaton Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Eaton Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Eaton Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Eaton Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Eaton Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Eaton Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?