- The report contains detailed information about DigitalGlobe, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DigitalGlobe, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DigitalGlobe, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DigitalGlobe, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DigitalGlobe, Inc. business.
About DigitalGlobe, Inc.
DigitalGlobe, Inc. provides commercial high-resolution earth imagery products and services. The companys products and services support a variety of uses, including defense, intelligence and homeland security applications, mapping and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, and infrastructure management. DigitalGlobe, Inc. is a subsidiary of Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated.
The companys principal customers include U.S. and foreign defense and intelligence agencies and a variety of commercial customers, such as Internet portals, companies in the energy, telecommunications, utility and agricultural industries, and U.S. and foreign civil government agencies.
Products and Services
The company offers earth imagery products and services that are comprised of imagery from its three-satellite constellation, and aerial imagery that it acquires from third party suppliers. The company processes its imagery to varying levels according to the customers specifications and delivers products using the distribution method that suits customers needs.
Customers can purchase satellite or aerial images that are archived in its ImageLibrary. Customers can also order imagery content by placing custom orders, which require tasking of satellites, for a specific area of interest, or as a bundle of imagery and data for a region or type of location, such as cities, ports and harbors or airports. All of its aerial imagery is delivered as ortho-rectified imagery.
Stereo imagery products consist of two images collected from two different viewpoints along the satellite orbit track that are produced as basic products, but can be viewed in stereo (3D) using specialized software. Stereo imagery products are used for the creation of digital elevation maps, for the creation of 3D maps and flight simulations.
The company offers a range of on- and off-line distribution options designed to enable customers to access and integrate imagery into their business operations and applications, including desktop software applications, web services that provide for direct on-line access to ImageLibrary, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), and physical media such as CD, DVD, and hard drive.
The company offers an additional distribution option through Direct Access Program (DAP) that allows certain customers, approved by the U.S. government, to task and downlink data directly from WorldView-1 and WorldView-2 satellites within their regional area of interest.
In October 2010, DigitalGlobe announced WorldView-2 joint research initiative with TERI University. As part of the initiative, DigitalGlobe would contribute ideas, expertise and high-resolution 8-Band multi-spectral satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe's WorldView-2 satellite to TERI University's current research projects.
The company serves defense and intelligence customers, and commercial customers. Its defense and intelligence customer is the U.S. government. Other defense and intelligence customers include U.S. and foreign defense contractors, and certain foreign government defense, intelligence, and national security agencies. Commercial business consists of both traditional and integrated information customers. Traditional customers are primarily civil governments, and energy, telecommunications, utility and agricultural companies. Integrated information customers, including web portals, personal navigation service providers, wireless handheld device manufacturers, wireless service providers and video game manufacturers, use the companys content to enhance and expand other location-based information products and services that they develop and sell to the commercial market.
The companys competitors include GeoEye, SPOT Image, ImageSat International N.V. and the National Remote Sensing Agency, Department of Space (Government of India), aggregators of imagery and imagery-related products and services, including Google and Microsoft.
DigitalGlobe, Inc. was incorporated in 1994. The company was formerly known as EarthWatch, Incorporated and changed its name to DigitalGlobe, Inc. in August 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DigitalGlobe, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DigitalGlobe, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DigitalGlobe, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DigitalGlobe, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DigitalGlobe, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIGITALGLOBE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Major Shareholders
DigitalGlobe, Inc. History
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Offices and Representations
DigitalGlobe, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DigitalGlobe, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
DigitalGlobe, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
DigitalGlobe, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DigitalGlobe, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DigitalGlobe, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?