- The report contains detailed information about Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. business.
About Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc.
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of chemiluminescent products, and reflective and photoluminescent materials to military, ammunition, and commercial and public safety markets. The company is geographically located in France and also has presence in certain international markets, primarily Europe and Asia.
Products and Applications
The company primarily produces products based on a technology whereby light is generated through a chemical reaction, known as chemiluminescence. The base product is known as a light stick and is typically 6 inches in length. In addition, the company also produces reflective (patches) and reflective plus photoluminescent (fire tape) products.
Chemiluminescent Products: The companys chemiluminescent products are used in support of military operations in peacetime to support training and in live theater (wartime) to support battle engagements. Applications include the nighttime marking of drop and landing zones, marking trails at night, triage marking of wounded soldiers, and light for general illumination purposes. The company also uses chemiluminescent technology to make products providing day/night marking and illumination as components of training ammunitiona.
In the commercial and public safety markets, the companys products provide sources of light in emergency situations and for general safety purposes. For marine and boating purposes, it manufactures two specific products to meet the safety needs of boaters. The first product is a base personal marker light (PML), which is a chemiluminescent light stick that is attachable to life jackets and can be easily illuminated in an emergency situation within the water. The second product is a SOLAS PML (Safety of Life at Sea certification) that can be used by boaters, workers on off-shore oil platforms and in other maritime situations outside U.S. coastal waters. The SOLAS PML contains a battery powered light emitting device that automatically activates when it hits the ocean waters and a light stick. Both the chemiluminescent light sticks used in the PML and SOLAS PML, and the electric light used in the SOLAS PML, provide a higher degree of assurance of being located for rescue purposes.
Reflective Products: The companys reflective products assist the military by allowing soldiers to identify individuals as friend or foe by employing infrared technology. These infrared products, such as flag and general identification patches can only be seen with the proper night vision goggles. These products help prevent injuries and death due to friendly fire by providing the proper identification markings during night-time activities. The company also produces safety belts that are worn by military police.
In the commercial and public safety markets, the companys reflective products primarily serve police, fire, and EMS departments. Personnel of these public services wear its products, such as safety belts and patches to adequately highlight themselves in the face of traffic and so they can be better seen in emergency situations, such as in a burning building.
Military: The company sells chemiluminescent devices, primarily light sticks in varying colors, lengths and durations of light output, as well as flat chemiluminescent disks and reflective patches and belts.
Ammunition: The company sells its ammunition products to Rheinmetall Waffe Munition, GmbH (Rheinmetall), which incorporates its products into its 40mm shell base, and then sells the finished training round.
Commercial and Public Safety: The company sells its products in the commercial and public safety market to different industries and governmental agencies, including manufacturing companies, transportation companies, and hotels. These products provide emergency light in different ways to different buyers. In 2009, it introduced the Flare Alternative which is used to alert oncoming traffic to a vehicle by the road side.
The company's major customers are the United States Department of Defense (U.S. DOD), the NATO Maintenance and Supply Agency (NAMSA), and LC Industries (LCI).
The company's competitors include Lumica (Japan); Tianjin Dragon (China); Bandi (Korea); Jow Tung (China); Beijing Brite (China); and Ameriglo (the U.S. based company purchasing Chinese products).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CYALUME TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. History
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?