- The report contains detailed information about Colfax Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Colfax Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Colfax Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Colfax Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Colfax Corporation business.
About Colfax Corporation
Colfax Corporation is a supplier of fluid handling products, including pumps, fluid handling systems and controls, and specialty valves. The company is a manufacturer of rotary positive displacement pumps, which include screw pumps, gear pumps, and progressive cavity pumps. Its products are marketed principally under the Allweiler, Fairmount, Houttuin, Imo, LSC, Portland Valve, Tushaco, Warren, and Zenith brand names.
The company designs, manufactures, and distributes fluid handling products that transfer or control liquids in various applications. The company also sells replacement parts and performs repair services for its manufactured products.
Rotary Positive Displacement Pumps Rotary positive displacement pumps consist of a casing containing screws, gears, vanes or similar components that are actuated by the relative rotation of that component to the casing, which results in the physical movement of the liquid from the inlet to the discharge at a constant rate. Positive displacement pumps offer transport of viscous fluids.
Specialty Centrifugal Pumps Centrifugal pumps use the kinetic energy imparted by rotating an impeller inside a configured casing to create pressure. Its centrifugal pumps use specialty designs and materials to offer customers solutions for a range of viscosities, temperatures, and applications.
Fluid Handling Systems
The company manufactures fluid handling systems used primarily in the oil and gas, power generation, commercial, marine, and global navy markets. The company offers systems and support, including design, manufacture, installation, commission and service. The companys systems include oil mist lubrication systems, which are used in rotating equipment in oil refineries and other process industries; packages used in crude oil pipeline applications; lubrication and fuel forwarding systems used in power generation turbines; packages for commercial marine engine rooms; and fire suppression systems for navy applications.
The companys specialty valves are used primarily in naval applications. The companys valve business has specialized machining, welding and fabrication capabilities that enable it to serve as a supplier to the U.S. Navy. In addition to designing and manufacturing valves, the company also offers repair and retrofit services for products manufactured by other valve suppliers through its aftermarket support centers located in Portland, Maine and San Diego, California.
The companys markets include commercial marine, oil and gas, power generation, global navy, and general industrial.
The companys customer base is diversified and includes commercial, industrial and government customers such as Alfa Laval Group, General Dynamics Corporation, General Electric Company, Northrup Grumman Corporation, Siemens AG, Rolls-Royce Group plc, the U.S. Navy and various sovereign navies worldwide.
In the commercial marine market, the company competes primarily with Naniwa Pump Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Shinko Industries, Ltd., Shin Shin Machinery Group Co., Ltd. and Taiko Kikai Industries Co., Ltd. In the oil and gas market, the company competes primarily with Joh. Heinr. Bornemann GmbH and Leistritz Pumpen GmbH. In the power generation market, the company competes primarily with Buffalo Pumps, a subsidiary of Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation. In the global navy market, the company competes primarily with Buffalo Pumps, Carver Pump Company, Curtiss-Wright Corporation and Tyco International, Inc.
Colfax Corporation was founded in 1860.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COLFAX CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COLFAX CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COLFAX CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COLFAX CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COLFAX CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Colfax Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Colfax Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Colfax Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Colfax Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Colfax Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. COLFAX CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COLFAX CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COLFAX CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COLFAX CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COLFAX CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COLFAX CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Colfax Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Colfax Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Colfax Corporation Major Shareholders
Colfax Corporation History
Colfax Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Colfax Corporation Offices and Representations
Colfax Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Colfax Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Colfax Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Colfax Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Colfax Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Colfax Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Colfax Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Colfax Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Colfax Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Colfax Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Colfax Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Colfax Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?