- The report contains detailed information about Clarke Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Clarke Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Clarke Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Clarke Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Clarke Inc. business.
About Clarke Inc.
Clarke Inc. (the company) was incorporated pursuant to the Canada Business Corporations Act in 1997. The Company is one of Canada's major provider of various transportation services, including intermodal, highway, logistics, truckload, contract and expedited trucking throughout Canada, the United States, and Mexico. Clarkelink is its eBusiness Solution for giving customers access to integrated information about all their business activities with any of the Clarke operating companies in one, easy-to-use web site.
The Companys wholly owned subsidiaries include Clarke Transportation Services, Inc., a Delaware Corporation; Clarke Distribution Inc., a Quebec Corporation; Concord Transportation Inc., an Ontario Corporation; La Traverse Rivière-du-Loup/St.-Siméon Limitée, a Quebec Corporation; and Clarke Logistics Inc. (formerly Sunac America Inc.) a Delaware Corporation.
TranSci Transportation Systems LLC, (Operating as Clarke Logistics), a Delaware Corporation. (Clarke Logistics Inc. owns 100% of TranSci).
The Companys operating divisions include Clarke Transport, Clarke Logistics (formerly Clarke Sunac) and Clarke Road Transport.
Principal Products and Services
The Company is one of Canadas major transportation companies providing freight and logistics services to over 15,000 customers. These services are offered throughout North America and include the following:
A national coast-to-coast less-than-truckload (LTL) and truckload (TL) intermodal rail carrier serving the outbound freight requirements of the provinces of Ontario and Quebec to all points in Atlantic and Western Canada.
Clarke Transport Inc. is a fully integrated transportation company. Its operations include various modes, including boxcar, intermodal, and trucking service. Clarke Transport has 22 terminals across Canada from St. John's, NFLD to Vancouver, BC.
Clarke Transport consolidates freight from three terminals in Eastern Canada: Montreal, Toronto and Kitchener. The Company offers fully integrated, door-to-door service between Central Canada, Western Canada and Atlantic Canada. The Company has a wide range of pick-up and delivery equipment available to accommodate customers needs. In addition, the Company has specialized handling equipment for oversized and sensitive freight, reducing the potential for damages. The companys facilities are heated, and it can offer heated or non-heated equipment.
Clarke Logistics (including TranSci Transportation Systems, LLC operating as Clarke Logistics in the U.S.): Provides a full range of transportation logistics services that meet the needs of shippers looking to improve supply chain effectiveness; Examines a shippers complete North American distribution requirements and develops customized solutions to meet customers; Cross-border and domestic U.S. shipping needs.
Concord Transportation Inc.
A premier provider of expedited truckload and less-than-truckload (LTL) highway freight services to destinations throughout North America. A modern fleet of tractors and company owned air-ride trailers are operated by teams of drivers around the clock so that shipments arrive just-in-time
CLARKE ROAD TRANSPORT
Founded in 1994, Clarke Road Transport is one of Atlantic Canadas truckload carrier. The Companys fleet of modern equipment consists of 175 power units (150 owner operators and 25 company tractors) and over 300 trailers and it provides full truckload services throughout Canada and the United States. The Companys core operations include longhaul, flatbed, and intermodal services. In addition to the Head Office in Halifax it has facilities in Moncton, NB, Montreal, QC, St. Johns, NF and Milton, ON.
Provides comprehensive truckload services within Atlantic Canada and also between Atlantic Canada and all major urban destinations in Central Canada and the United States. Offers van and flatbed services to U.S. states in the mid-west and south.
Clarke Contract Services includes La Traverse Riviere-du-Loup / St. Simeon Limitee, a passenger/car ferry service operating on the St. Lawrence River.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CLARKE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CLARKE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CLARKE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CLARKE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CLARKE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Clarke Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Clarke Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Clarke Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Clarke Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Clarke Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CLARKE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CLARKE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CLARKE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CLARKE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CLARKE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CLARKE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Clarke Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Clarke Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Clarke Inc. Major Shareholders
Clarke Inc. History
Clarke Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Clarke Inc. Offices and Representations
Clarke Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Clarke Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Clarke Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Clarke Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
Clarke Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Clarke Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Clarke Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Clarke Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Clarke Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Clarke Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Clarke Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Clarke Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?