- The report contains detailed information about CLARCOR Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CLARCOR Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CLARCOR Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CLARCOR Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CLARCOR Inc. business.
About CLARCOR Inc.
CLARCOR Inc. provides filtration products and services to customers worldwide.
The company conducts its operations through three segments: Engine/Mobile Filtration; Industrial/Environmental Filtration; and Packaging.
The Engine/Mobile Filtration segment sells filtration products used on engines and in mobile equipment applications, including trucks, automobiles, buses and locomotives, and marine, construction, industrial, mining, and agricultural equipment. The segments filters are sold throughout the world, primarily in the replacement market. In addition, first-fit filters are sold to original equipment manufacturers. The company also manufactures dust collection cartridges, including cartridges incorporating its Protura nanofiber filtration media. These cartridges are used in environmental filtration applications.
The products in the Engine/Mobile Filtration segment include a line of oil, air, fuel, coolant, transmission, and hydraulic fluid filters which are used in various applications and processes. Majority of these applications involve a process where impure air or fluid flows through semi-porous paper, corrugated paper, cotton, synthetic, chemical or membrane filter media with varying filtration characteristics. The impurities contained on the media are disposed of when the filter is changed.
The Industrial/Environmental Filtration segment centers around the manufacturing and marketing of filtration products used in industrial and commercial processes, and in buildings and infrastructures of various types. The segments products are sold throughout the world, and include liquid process filtration products and air filtration products and systems used to maintain high interior air quality and to control exterior pollution.
The segments liquid process filtration products include specialty industrial process liquid filters; filters for pharmaceutical processes and beverages; filtration systems, filters and coalescers for the oil and natural gas industry; filtration systems for aircraft refueling, anti-pollution, sewage treatment and water recycling; bilge water separators; sand control filters for oil and gas drilling; and woven wire and metallic products for filtration of plastics and polymer fibers. These filters use string wound, meltblown, and porous and sintered and non-sintered metal media, woven wire, and absorbent media.
The segments air filtration products represent a line of air filters and cleaners, including antimicrobial treated filters and electronic air cleaners. These products are used in commercial buildings, hospitals, factories, residential buildings, paint spray booths, gas turbine systems, medical facilities, motor vehicle cabins, aircraft cabins, clean rooms, compressors, and dust collector systems.
The Packaging Segment offers consumer and industrial packaging products, through a wholly-owned subsidiary the company, J.L. Clark, Inc. (J.L. Clark). J.L. Clark manufactures different types and sizes of containers and packaging specialties. Metal, plastic and combination metal/plastic containers and closures manufactured by the company are used in packaging various dry and paste form products, such as food specialties (tea, coffee, spices, cookies, candy, mints, and other confections); tobacco products; toiletries; playing cards; and cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. Other packaging products include shells for dry batteries, canisters for film and candles, spools for insulated and fine wire, and custom decorated flat metal sheets.
The company's products are sold to truck and equipment fleet users, manufacturing companies, and contractors.
In December 2008, the company purchased the Keddeg Company, a manufacturer of aerospace filtration products based in Lenexa, Kansas.
In January 2009, the company purchased certain assets of Meggitt (UK) Limited, which offers aerospace filters to European aircraft manufacturers and aerospace parts distributors.
In February 2009, the company purchased an 85% ownership interest in Pujiang Novaeastern International Mesh Co., Ltd. (Pujiang) and Quzhou Chinagrace Filter Co., Ltd. (Quzhou). Pujiang and Quzhou are manufacturers of wire mesh filtration products sold primarily to the fibers, resin, and aerospace industries.
In April 2009, the company purchased Weifang Yuhua Filters Ltd., which manufactures heavy-duty engine filters.
CLARCOR Inc. was founded in 1904.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CLARCOR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CLARCOR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CLARCOR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CLARCOR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CLARCOR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CLARCOR Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CLARCOR Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CLARCOR Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CLARCOR Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CLARCOR Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CLARCOR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CLARCOR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CLARCOR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CLARCOR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CLARCOR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CLARCOR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CLARCOR Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CLARCOR Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CLARCOR Inc. Major Shareholders
CLARCOR Inc. History
CLARCOR Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CLARCOR Inc. Offices and Representations
CLARCOR Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CLARCOR Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CLARCOR Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CLARCOR Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
CLARCOR Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CLARCOR Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CLARCOR Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CLARCOR Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CLARCOR Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CLARCOR Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CLARCOR Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CLARCOR Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?