- The report contains detailed information about Ceradyne Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ceradyne Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ceradyne Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ceradyne Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ceradyne Inc. business.
About Ceradyne Inc.
Ceradyne, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of technical ceramic products, ceramic powders, and components for defense, industrial, automotive/diesel, and commercial applications in the United States and internationally.
The companys products include lightweight ceramic armor and enhanced combat helmets for soldiers and other military applications; ceramic industrial components for erosion and corrosion resistant applications; ceramic powders, including boron carbide, boron nitride, titanium diboride, calcium hexaboride, zirconium diboride and fused silica, which are used in manufacturing armor and a range of industrial products and consumer products; evaporation boats for metallization of materials for food packaging and other products; durable, reduced friction, ceramic diesel engine components; and functional and frictional coatings primarily for automotive applications.
The companys products also include translucent ceramic orthodontic brackets; ceramic-impregnated dispenser cathodes for microwave tubes, lasers and cathode ray tubes; ceramic crucibles for melting silicon in the photovoltaic solar cell manufacturing process; ceramic missile radomes (nose cones) for the defense industry; fused silica powders for precision investment casting (PIC); neutron absorbing materials, structural and non-structural, in combination with aluminum metal matrix composite that serve as part of a barrier system for spent fuel wet and dry storage in the nuclear industry, and non-structural neutron absorbing materials for use in the transport of nuclear fresh fuel rods; nuclear chemistry products for use in pressurized water reactors and boiling water reactors; boron dopant chemicals for semiconductor silicon manufacturing and for ion implanting of silicon wafers; and ceramic bearings and bushings for oil drilling and fluid handling pumps.
The companys products are sold into four principal markets, including automotive/diesel and commercial.
Lightweight Ceramic Armor: The company developed and manufactures lightweight ceramic armor capable of protecting against threats as great as 12.7 millimeter armor piercing machine gun bullets. It supplies lightweight ceramic body armor for the U.S. military and lightweight ceramic armor for military helicopters. It also supplies armor systems for military vehicles.
Boron Carbide Powders: The company manufactures boron carbide powder.
Missile Radomes (Nose Cones): The company manufactures conical shaped, precision machined ceramic radomes which are designed for the front end of defensive missiles. The companys ceramic radomes are used on the PAC-3 (Patriot Advanced Capability) missile and various future missile system prototypes.
Fluid Handling/Wear Parts: The company supplies products made primarily of its EKasic silicon carbide, silicon nitride and boron carbide. Products furnished are used in pump seals, bearings for fluid handling, blast nozzles and chemical processing.
Boron Compounds and Metallurgy Ceramics: The companys silicon nitride products are used for transportation of liquid aluminum, for use in low and high pressure casting and in liquid aluminum processes.
Evaporation Boats: The companys evaporation boats are used in the metallization of various surfaces such as plastic, paper or glass. Metallization is a process based on the deposition of a metallic vapor under vacuum to coat a substrate surface with a thin layer of aluminum, zinc, copper or silver.
Industrial Wear Components: The companys industrial wear components are made primarily of its Ceralloy 147 sintered reaction bonded silicon nitride (SRBSN). The companys wear resistant parts are used to replace parts made of materials, such as tungsten carbide or ceramics, such as aluminum oxide. Applications include paper making equipment, abrasive blasting nozzles, metal cutting tool inserts, as well as custom products.
Radioactive Waste Management: The companys Boral product line consists of a rolled sheet containing a core of uniformly distributed boron carbide and aluminum particles that is enclosed with in layers of aluminum. It also produce
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CERADYNE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CERADYNE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CERADYNE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CERADYNE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CERADYNE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ceradyne Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ceradyne Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ceradyne Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ceradyne Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ceradyne Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CERADYNE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CERADYNE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CERADYNE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CERADYNE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CERADYNE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CERADYNE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ceradyne Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ceradyne Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ceradyne Inc. Major Shareholders
Ceradyne Inc. History
Ceradyne Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ceradyne Inc. Offices and Representations
Ceradyne Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ceradyne Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ceradyne Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Ceradyne Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Ceradyne Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ceradyne Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ceradyne Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ceradyne Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Ceradyne Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Ceradyne Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ceradyne Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ceradyne Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?