- The report contains detailed information about CAE Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CAE Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CAE Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CAE Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CAE Inc. business.
About CAE Inc.
CAE Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and supplies simulation tools and equipment and provides a range of training and other modelling and simulation-based services. The company offers integrated modelling, simulation and training solutions for commercial airlines, business aircraft operators, aircraft manufacturers, and military organizations. It also operates a global network of training centers serving pilots and maintenance staff.
The companys main products are full-flight simulators (FFSs), which replicate aircraft performance in a range of situations and environmental conditions. It also offers a range of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software through Presagis, a subsidiary that provides advanced COTS solutions for simulation, modelling and embedded applications. CAE Professional Services delivers strategic guidance and technical expertise to clients using simulation-based tools to address analysis, training and operational decision-making. CAE Flightscape offers software tools and flight safety expertise in flight data analysis and flight sciences to enable the study and understanding of recorded flight data to improve safety, maintenance and flight operations. CAE Healthcare offers products and services to the healthcare community. The company has delivered simulation products and provided training services to approximately 50 military operators in approximately 35 countries.
The company conducts its operations through following segments: Simulation Products/Civil (SP/C); Training & Services/Civil (TS/C); Simulation Products/Military (SP/M); and Training & Services/Military (TS/M).
Simulation Products/Civil (SP/C)
This segment provides civil flight simulation equipment. The company designs and manufactures civil FFSs and visual systems for major and regional carriers, third-party training centers, and OEMs. The company develops simulators for new types of aircraft, including approximately 20 models, including the Bombardier CSeries and Global Express, Boeing 747-8 and 787, Airbus A380, Embraer Phenom 100/300, Dassault Falcon 7X, and the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, Ltd (COMAC) ARJ21. It also offers a range of support services, including simulator updates, maintenance services, sales of spare parts, and simulator relocations.
The company builds civil simulators for various categories of aircraft, including those built by Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, Cessna, Dassault, Embraer, Gulfstream, and Raytheon. It also builds simulators for civil helicopters, including AgustaWestland, Bell Helicopter, Eurocopter, and Sikorsky models. Flight simulation equipment is purchased by major and regional airlines, aircraft manufacturers, and independent training providers.
The company's Augmented Engineering Environment is a suite of products and services, including a hardware and software integration testbed that can be tailored to meet the aircraft development requirements of any OEM.
The company has launched the CAE 3000 Series family of civil helicopter mission trainers. This new CAE simulation capability offers unprecedented realism for civil helicopter-specific mission training, including offshore, emergency medical services, law enforcement, long line, high-altitude, corporate, and other operations. The CAE 3000 Series is designed to address emerging global standards for civil helicopter flight simulation training devices (FSTD) in development by an international working group.
Training & Services/Civil (TS/C)
This segment provides commercial aviation training services and business aviation training services. The company serves various sectors of the civil aviation market, including general aviation, regional airlines, commercial airlines, and business aviation. It offers a range of services, including training centre operations, pilot training, aircraft technician training services, simulator spare parts inventory management, curriculum development, consulting services, and e-Learning solutions. The company offers airlines a long-term solution to pilot recruitment with its pilot provisioning capability. As of March 31, 2010, the company had 148 FFSs in operation and pr
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CAE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CAE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CAE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CAE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CAE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CAE Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CAE Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CAE Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CAE Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CAE Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CAE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CAE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CAE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CAE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CAE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CAE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CAE Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CAE Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CAE Inc. Major Shareholders
CAE Inc. History
CAE Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CAE Inc. Offices and Representations
CAE Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CAE Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CAE Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CAE Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
CAE Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CAE Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CAE Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CAE Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CAE Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CAE Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CAE Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CAE Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?