- The report contains detailed information about Bucyrus International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bucyrus International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bucyrus International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bucyrus International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bucyrus International Inc. business.
About Bucyrus International Inc.
Bucyrus International, Inc. engages in the design and manufacture of high productivity mining equipment for the extraction of coal, copper, oil sands, iron ore and other minerals in major mining centers worldwide. In addition to the manufacture of original equipment, the company also provides the aftermarket replacement parts and service for this equipment.
The company operates in two business segments: Surface Mining (including the principal products of Terex Mining) and Underground Mining. All of the products and services are marketed under the Bucyrus name. Its main markets for original equipment and aftermarket parts and service are Australia, Canada, China, India, South Africa, South America, and the United States.
SURFACE MINING SEGMENT
The Surface Mining Segment engages in the design, manufacture and marketing of draglines, electric mining shovels and rotary blasthole drills used for surface mining and provision of aftermarket replacement parts and service for these machines.
The companys surface mining original equipment includes draglines, electric mining shovels, hydraulic excavators, drills, off-highway haul trucks, and highwall miners.
Draglines: Draglines are primarily used in coal mining applications to remove overburden by dragging a bucket through the overburden and carrying it away. The company's primary draglines weigh from 1,900 to 8,400 tons.
Electric Mining Shovels: Mining shovels are primarily used to load copper, coal, oil sands, iron ore, other mineral bearing materials, overburden or rock into trucks. There are two basic types of mining shovels: electric and hydraulic. The company offers a line of electric mining shovels, with available hoisting capability of up to 120 tons. The company has developed the 495 Series High-Performance shovels.
Rotary Blasthole Drills: Rotary blasthole drills are used to drill these holes and are usually described in terms of the diameter of the hole they bore. The company offers a line of rotary blasthole drills ranging in hole diameter size from 6.0 inches to 17.5 inches.
Aftermarket Parts and Services
The company has an aftermarket business that supplies replacement and upgrade parts and services for its installed base of original equipment. Its aftermarket offerings include engineered replacement parts, maintenance and repair labor, technical advice, refurbishment and relocation of machines, structural and mechanical engineering, non-destructive testing, repairs and rebuilds of machine components, product and component upgrades, turnkey assembly, equipment operation and equipment management under long-term maintenance and repair contracts. The company also distributes components that are consumed in the normal course of machine operation. A major portion of its international repair and maintenance services are provided through its global network of wholly owned foreign subsidiaries and overseas offices operating in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, England, India, Peru, and South Africa.
The company's primary global competitor in electric mining shovels and draglines is Joy Global Inc.s P&H Mining Equipment division (P&H).
UNDERGROUND MINING SEGMENT
The Underground Mining segment, through DBT GmbH, supplies system solutions for underground coal mining worldwide. Its original equipment and aftermarket parts are manufactured in Germany, the United States (Pennsylvania, Virginia and Alabama), Poland, China, and Australia. The two main methods of underground mining are longwall and room and pillar mining.
The companys underground mining original equipment includes longwall equipment and room and pillar equipment.
Longwall Equipment: The companys longwall equipment includes hydraulic roof supports and electro-hydraulic controls, automated plow systems, shearers, armored face conveyors, and crushers.
Hydraulic Roof Supports: Roof supports provide support to the mine roof during longwall mining. The company offers a range of roof supports suitable for mining heights from 0.6 m to 7.5 m with support capacities in excess of 1,200 tons per shield. I
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bucyrus International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bucyrus International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bucyrus International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bucyrus International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bucyrus International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bucyrus International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bucyrus International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bucyrus International Inc. Major Shareholders
Bucyrus International Inc. History
Bucyrus International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bucyrus International Inc. Offices and Representations
Bucyrus International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bucyrus International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bucyrus International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Bucyrus International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Bucyrus International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bucyrus International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bucyrus International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bucyrus International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Bucyrus International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Bucyrus International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bucyrus International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bucyrus International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?