- The report contains detailed information about BorgWarner Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BorgWarner Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BorgWarner Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BorgWarner Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BorgWarner Inc. business.
About BorgWarner Inc.
BorgWarner Inc. supplies engineered automotive systems and components primarily for power train applications worldwide. These products are manufactured and sold to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of passenger cars, sport-utility vehicles, crossover vehicles, trucks, commercial transportation products and industrial equipment and to certain Tier One vehicle systems suppliers.
The companys segments include Engine and Drivetrain.
This segment develops and manufactures products to manage engines for fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, and enhanced performance. Engine Group products fall into various categories, such as turbochargers, chain products, emissions systems, thermal systems, diesel cold start and gasoline ignition technology, and cabin heaters.
The Engine Group provides turbochargers for light-vehicle, commercial-vehicle and off-road applications for diesel and gasoline engine manufacturers in Europe, North America, South America, and Asia. The company supplies light-vehicle turbochargers to OEMs, including Volkswagen, Renault, PSA, Daimler, Hyundai, Fiat, BMW, Ford, and General Motors. It also supplies commercial-vehicle turbochargers to Caterpillar, John Deere, Daimler, International, Deutz, and MAN.
The companys newest technologies are its regulated two-stage turbocharging system known as R2S, variable turbine geometry (VTG) turbochargers and turbochargers for gasoline direct injected engines. In 2008, the company announced the start of production of its R2S technology for Daimlers new 4 cylinder diesel engine range. It also began shipping VTG turbochargers for VWs new common-rail engine range and announced the launch of a VTG turbocharger for use with low-pressure exhaust gas recirculation to reduce emissions on VWs Jetta Clean Diesel TDI. In 2009, the company began shipping turbochargers for Fords 3.5 liter V6 direct-injected gasoline engines for rear-wheel drive cars and trucks. Additionally, Ford selected BorgWarners gasoline turborcharger technology for their new four-cylinder EcoBoost engine.
The Engine Group also designs and manufactures products to control emissions and improve fuel economy. These products include electric air pumps, turbo actuators that use integrated electronics to precisely control turbocharger speed and pressure ratio, and exhaust gas recirculation valves for gasoline and diesel applications.
The Engine Groups chain and chain systems products include timing chain and timing drive systems, variable cam timing (VCT) systems, crankshaft and camshaft sprockets, tensioners, guides and snubbers, HY-VO front-wheel drive (FWD) transmission chain and four-wheel drive (4WD) chain, and MORSE GEMINI chain systems for light-vehicle and commercial-vehicle applications.
The companys timing chain systems are used in Fords family of overhead cam engines, including the Duratec and Modular, and in-line 4 cylinder engines, as well as on Chryslers 3.7 liter and 4.7 liter, overhead cam engines, and the 4 cylinder World Engine family of engines. In addition, the company provides timing systems to various Asian OEMs and their North American operations, including Honda, Nissan, and Hyundai, and to various European OEMs.
The Engine Group has launched its latest VCT product; Cam Torque Actuated (CTA) VCT. VCT is a means of precisely controlling the flow of air into and out of an engine by allowing the camshaft to be dynamically phased relative to its crankshaft. The companys CTA technology utilizes camshaft torque as its main actuation energy, instead of the conventional oil-pressure actuated approach. The CTA system has been launched on Fords 3.0 liter Duratec engine featured in the Ford Escape, Ford Fusion, Mazda 6, and Mercury Mariner.
The company manufactures FWD transmissions and 4WD transfer cases. HY-VO chain is used to transfer power from the engine to the drivetrain. Its MORSE GEMINI transmission chain system emits significantly less chain pitch frequency noise than conventional transmission chain systems.
The Engine Group provides engine thermal solutions for truck, agricultural and off-highway applications. The group des
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BORGWARNER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BORGWARNER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BORGWARNER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BORGWARNER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BORGWARNER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BorgWarner Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BorgWarner Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BorgWarner Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BorgWarner Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BorgWarner Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BORGWARNER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BORGWARNER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BORGWARNER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BORGWARNER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BORGWARNER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BORGWARNER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BorgWarner Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BorgWarner Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BorgWarner Inc. Major Shareholders
BorgWarner Inc. History
BorgWarner Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BorgWarner Inc. Offices and Representations
BorgWarner Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BorgWarner Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BorgWarner Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BorgWarner Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
BorgWarner Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BorgWarner Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BorgWarner Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BorgWarner Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BorgWarner Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BorgWarner Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BorgWarner Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BorgWarner Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?