- The report contains detailed information about Ballard Power Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ballard Power Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ballard Power Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ballard Power Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ballard Power Systems Inc. business.
About Ballard Power Systems Inc.
Ballard Power Systems Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, sale, and service of fuel cell products. The company offers products for a variety of applications, focusing on motive power (material handling and buses) and stationary power (back-up power, supplemental power, and distributed generation).
The company has four principal subsidiaries and affiliates: Ballard Material Products Inc. that develops and manufactures carbon fiber products for use in the automotive and fuel cell markets; Dantherm Power that develops clean energy backup power systems across Europe; AFCC Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation Corp. that develops fuel cell products for the automotive fuel cell market; and BDF IP Holdings Ltd. that holds intellectual property assets.
The company, in 2009, operated in three market segments: Fuel Cell Products and Servicing, which includes fuel cell products and services for motive power (material handling and heavy-duty/buses markets) and stationary power (back-up power, supplemental power and distributed generation markets); Contract Automotive, which provides contract technical and manufacturing services primarily for Daimler, Ford and AFCC; and Material Products, which includes carbon fiber products primarily for automotive transmissions and gas diffusion layers (GDLs) for fuel cells.
Markets and Products
The companys product offering provides for a set of fuel cell power solutions. It provides product in three distinct product classes:
Fuel cell stacks: The company provides fuel cells to OEM customers and system integrators (such as Plug Power) that use the stacks to produce power solutions. As the stack provider, Ballard is the power inside the system.
Fuel cell modules: The company builds the stacks into self-contained fuel cell modules that are plug-and-play into a larger system. As a module provider, the company creates fuel cell systems (such as a fuel cell bus power train).
Fuel cell solutions: The company builds full systems that are designed to solve certain energy needs of customers. As a solution provider, Ballard builds up the stacks and modules into full systems that bring value to customers.
The company also designs, develops, manufactures, sells, and services carbon fiber materials that can be used in a variety of fuel cell and non-fuel cell applications.
The companys customers include Plug Power Inc., BC Transit, FirstEnergy Corp., Baxi Innotech GmbH, ISE Corporation, Daimler AG, IdaTech LLC, Heliocentris Fuel Cells AG, and FutureE Fuel Cell Solutions GmbH.
The companys competitors include Toyota, Hydrogenics, Nuvera, United Technologies, Nedstack, Dantherm Power, IdaTech, Plug Power, Distributed Energy Systems, ReliOn, SGL Group in Germany, Toray in Japan, SGL, and Mitsubishi.
Ballard Power Systems Inc. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ballard Power Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ballard Power Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ballard Power Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ballard Power Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ballard Power Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Ballard Power Systems Inc. History
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Ballard Power Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ballard Power Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Ballard Power Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Ballard Power Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ballard Power Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ballard Power Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?