- The report contains detailed information about BAE Systems plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BAE Systems plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BAE Systems plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BAE Systems plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BAE Systems plc business.
About BAE Systems plc
BAE Systems plc engages in the development, delivery, and support of defense and aerospace systems. The company offers a range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, information technology solutions, and customer support services. Its markets include the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Sweden.
The company operates in five segments: Electronics, Intelligence and Support; Land and Armaments; Programmes and Support; International Businesses; and HQ & Other Businesses.
Electronics, Intelligence and Support segment
The Electronics, Intelligence and Support operating group designs, develops, produces and services systems and subsystems for a wide range of military and commercial applications. It comprises four lines of business: Electronic Solutions, Information Solutions, Platform Solutions, and Support Solutions.
Land and Armaments segment
Land and Armaments provides design, development, production, through-life support and upgrade of armoured combat vehicles, tactical wheeled vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, artillery systems and munitions.
Programmes and Support segment
Programmes & Support comprises the company's UK-based air and naval activities, the activities of the acquired Detica security business and the Integrated System Technologies business.
Military Air Solutions is responsible for delivering a range of military programmes including Typhoon, Hawk, Nimrod MRA4, F-35 Lightning II and autonomous air vehicles. In addition, it is responsible for through-life support to Harrier, Hawk, Tornado, Nimrod MR2, E-3D Sentry and VC-10 aircraft.
International Businesses segment
The International operating group comprises the company's businesses in Saudi Arabia and Australia, together with a 37.5% interest in the pan-European MBDA joint venture, a 20.5% shareholding in Saab of Sweden and a 49% shareholding in Air Astana.
HQ and Other Businesses segment
HQ and Other Businesses comprises the regional aircraft asset management and support activities, head office and the U.K. shared services activity, including research centers and property management.
The joint venture between BAE Systems and VT Group (VT) was formed in July 2008. The Joint Venture provides surface warship building and through-life support operations in the U.K. Following formation, BVT signed the manufacturing contract for the Future Aircraft Carrier (CVF) and has assumed overall responsibility for delivery of the programme, including project management, engineering, shipbuild and integration. BVT is also responsible Alliant Techsystems, Inc. and BAE Systems have teamed to compete for the upcoming U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Joint Allied Threat Awareness System (JATAS) program.
Detica BAE Systems acquired Detica, a consultancy servicing the counter-threat agenda, in September 2008. It offers a range of services, including business and technology consulting, system integration and support. It also sells proprietary hardware and software. Detica assists clients with initiatives in areas, such as counterterrorism, serious and organized crime, and immigration and border control, as well as fraud detection and identity management through its sales of Detica NetRevealsoftware.
On October 20, 2009, BAE Systems plc has relocated its Space Coast Operations from Satellite Beach to Melbourne and begun hiring additional employees. The Melbourne facility specializes in engineering services for telecommunications and information technology; technical support for unmanned aircraft systems and treaty monitoring; and program management and integrated logistics support for military and government agencies worldwide. Its customers include Patrick Air Force Base, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, and NASA's Kennedy Space Center.
On December 7, 2009, Algebraix Data Corporation announced that it is partnering with BAE Systems plc to develop analytic platforms based on ALGEBRAIX technology. The companies would jointly develop database technology to organize and process data for BAE Systems' geospatial intelligence products.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BAE SYSTEMS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BAE SYSTEMS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BAE SYSTEMS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BAE SYSTEMS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BAE SYSTEMS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BAE Systems plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BAE Systems plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BAE Systems plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BAE Systems plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BAE Systems plc Industry Position Analysis
6. BAE SYSTEMS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BAE SYSTEMS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BAE SYSTEMS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BAE SYSTEMS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BAE SYSTEMS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BAE SYSTEMS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BAE Systems plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BAE Systems plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BAE Systems plc Major Shareholders
BAE Systems plc History
BAE Systems plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BAE Systems plc Offices and Representations
BAE Systems plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BAE Systems plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BAE Systems plc Capital Market Snapshot
BAE Systems plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
BAE Systems plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BAE Systems plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BAE Systems plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BAE Systems plc 1-year Stock Charts
BAE Systems plc 5-year Stock Charts
BAE Systems plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BAE Systems plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BAE Systems plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?