- The report contains detailed information about Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. business.
About Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc.
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Atlas Air, Inc. (Atlas), engages in leasing and outsourcing services for wide-body freighter aircraft. The company also has a 51% economic interest and 75% voting interest in Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. (Polar). The company manages and operates a fleet of 747 freighters.
Global Supply Systems (GSS)
The company holds a 49% interest in GSS, a private company. Atlas Dry Leases three owned 747-400s to GSS. GSS, in turn, provides ACMI services for these aircraft to British Airways Plc.
In October 2009, the company entered into an agreement with SonAir Serviço Aéreo, S.A. (SonAir), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sonangol Group, the multinational energy company of Angola and member of the United States-Africa Energy Association (USAEA), to operate an outsourced premium passenger charter service with two 747-400 aircraft reconfigured into business and executive class configuration. The company operates three weekly non-stop flights between Houston, Texas and Luanda, Angola.
DHL has a 49% equity interest and a 25% voting interest in Polar. AAWW owns the remaining 51% equity interest in Polar with a 75% voting interest.
The company has operations in the following segments: ACMI, AMC Charter, Commercial Charter, and Dry Leasing.
The ACMI segment provides aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance services, whereby customers receive the use of an insured and maintained aircraft and crew in exchange for, a guaranteed monthly level of operation at a predetermined rate for a defined period of time. The Direct Contribution from Express Network ACMI flying is reflected as ACMI.
The AMC Charter segment provides full-planeload charter flights to the U.S. Military through the AMC. In addition, the company also subcontracts certain flying of oversize cargo, or flying cargo into areas of military conflict where the company cannot perform these services on its own.
The Commercial Charter segment provides aircraft charters to freight forwarders, airlines and other air cargo customers.
The Dry Leasing segment provides for the leasing of aircraft and engines to customers primarily by Titan Aviation Leasing Ltd. and Titan Aviation Leasing Limited-Americas, Inc.
Sales and Marketing
The company has regional sales offices in the United States, England and Hong Kong, which cover the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific regions. These offices market ACMI, Dry Leasing and Commercial Charter services directly to other airlines and indirect air carriers, as well as to charter brokers and freight forwarders.
The companys customers include airlines, express delivery providers, freight forwarders, the U.S. military and charter brokers. The company provides services with operations in Asia, the Middle East, Australia, Europe, South America, Africa and North America.
The companys competitors include Air Atlanta Icelandic, World Airways, Evergreen International Aviation, Kalitta Air, LLC and Southern Air, Inc. The company competes in the commercial charter market with Southern Air, Inc., Evergreen International Aviation, FedEx Corp., Kalitta Air, LLC, and Lufthansa Group.
The primary competitors in the freighter leasing business are GE Commercial Aviation Services, Guggenheim Aviation Partners, LLC, Intrepid Aviation Group, LLC, Air Castle Ltd. and AerCap Holdings, N.V. Titan. The primary competitors in the passenger leasing market are GE Commercial Aviation Services, International Lease Finance Corp., AWAS, CIT Aerospace, Aviation Capital Group Corp., Air Castle Ltd., AerCap Holdings N.V., and RBS Aviation Capital.
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ATLAS AIR WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. History
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?