- The report contains detailed information about Applied Signal Technology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Applied Signal Technology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Applied Signal Technology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Applied Signal Technology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Applied Signal Technology, Inc. business.
About Applied Signal Technology, Inc.
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. provides intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions to improve global security and domain knowledge in the areas of signals intelligence and sensor signature processing. The company engages in the collection, processing, and understanding of signals for ISR missions to deployment on unmanned platforms. It develops and manufactures sensors and digital signal processing equipment.
The companys products, systems, and services help resolve its customers national security and signal collection issues. It provides ISR solutions that allow its nation to prepare for, prevent, evaluate, and respond to foreign and domestic threats.
Operating Divisions and Products
The companys divisions include Broadband Communication Systems, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Systems, Network Intelligence, and Sensor Systems. In addition to these divisions, it operates a single Operations division for manufacturing its products, purchasing materials, and providing sustaining engineering support.
Broadband Communication Systems
The Broadband Communication Systems Division provides proprietary broadband communication technology and network solutions for high speed communications, primarily to Government customers. Its network solutions include the full spectrum of communication support equipment and software for bandwidth compression, encrypting and decrypting traffic, multiplexing and demultiplexing traffic from multiple communication streams, conducting deep packet inspection for network traffic monitoring and management, and performing real-time network quality assessment.
Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Systems
The Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Systems Division provides research and development for the collection and analysis of tactical wireless communications and electronic intelligence. The companys tactical wireless COMINT systems automatically scan and process various modern telecommunication signals to isolate and collect specific communications from targets of interest. Its products and systems are tailored for small tactical and hand-launched platforms and vehicles. Its miniature, low power systems can be used on a range of strategic and military platforms, including aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), land-mobile vehicles, fixed site installations, and relocatable land sites.
The companys COMINT products include wideband processors and collection products. These processors groom telecommunication signals for further processing by VGC processors by adjusting for signal distortions that commonly occur during transmission. The two primary types of distortions that these processors correct are multipath interference (caused by the reception of a signal and its reflections) and co-channel interference (caused by the reception of multiple interfering signals). The companys ELINT and ESM products include a flexible product line developed to characterize enemy weapon systems and provide battlefield mapping and force protection by using unmanned aerial vehicles and smaller manned aircraft as standoff sensing platforms.
The companys Network Intelligence division brings an understanding of the global telecommunications network to the cyber domain. It utilizes its knowledge of the network to provide systems, analytics, and services that enable its customers defensive and offensive cyber operations.
The company owns Pyxis Engineering, LLC (Pyxis), which complements and reinforces its existing software and mission engineering services capabilities by providing post-collection intelligence analysis tools, such as human language technology, cloud computing, complex event processing, and advanced data operations. These services protect sensitive networks and critical infrastructure, as well as provide a range of capabilities applicable to both defensive and offensive network operations.
The Sensor Systems Division provides advanced sensor signal processing solutions for space-based, airborne, terrestrial, and undersea sensor technologies. Its sensor processing products consist of digital signal processing hardware and software to automatically process the results of raw sensor data to detect abnormalities of interest. The company provides remote sensing by processing and analyzing information from sound to light spectrum sources, including radar, magnetic, infrared, electro-optical, hyperspectral, and visible light.
The companys key sensor solutions include synthetic aperture sonar, radar, magnetic, and explosive detection products. These systems are designed to detect abnormalities in the marine environment, such as the presence of a submarine, mines tethered to the ocean floor, and terrorist activities, such as attempts to destruct a national infrastructure (such as pipelines or communication lines) on the ocean floor. Its solutions consist of active sensors, such as synthetic aperture sonar and radar detection of periscopes, and passive sensing, such as magnetic detection of submarines. The company is developing integrated sensor systems to detect explosive materials deployed in vehicles, luggage, and cargo containers.
The companys primary customers include the U.S. government and defense industry prime contractors for the U.S. government. Its United States Government customers consist of military and intelligence agencies that have signal reconnaissance needs. Within its primary customers, the company has contracts with approximately 40 different organizations.
The companys competitors include Argon ST, BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, General Dynamics, Harris Corporation, ITT Corporation, L-3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, QinetiQ, Raytheon Corporation, Sierra Nevada Corporation, Science Applications International Corporation, and Thales.
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Applied Signal Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Applied Signal Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. APPLIED SIGNAL TECHNOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Major Shareholders
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. History
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Offices and Representations
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Applied Signal Technology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?