- The report contains detailed information about American Railcar Industries that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for American Railcar Industries. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The American Railcar Industries financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes American Railcar Industries competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of American Railcar Industries business.
About American Railcar Industries
American Railcar Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures hopper and tank railcars in North America. The company also repairs and refurbishes railcars, provides fleet management services, and designs and manufactures certain railcar and industrial components. The companys primary customers include companies that purchase railcars for lease by third parties, or leasing companies, industrial companies, and those that use railcars for freight transport, or shippers, and Class I railroads.
The company operates in two segments: Manufacturing operations and Railcar services. Manufacturing operations consist of railcar manufacturing and railcar and industrial component manufacturing. Railcar services consist of railcar repair, refurbishment, and fleet management services.
The company designs and manufactures special, customized, and general purpose railcars and a range of components primarily for the North American railcar and industrial markets. The company also supports the railcar industry through various integrated railcar services, including repair, maintenance, consulting, engineering, and fleet management services.
The company primarily manufactures two types of railcars, hopper railcars and tank railcars. It also manufactures various components for railcar and industrial markets.
The companys hopper railcars are designed for shipping various dry bulk products, from light density products, such as plastic pellets, to high density products, such as cement.
Grain Railcars: These railcars are a group of hopper railcars with in its general service hopper railcar product offering. These grain railcars service the food markets, starch markets and energy markets.
Cement Railcars: The company manufactures cement hopper railcars.
Plastic Pellet Railcars: These railcars are designed to transport, load, and unload plastic pellets under precise specifications to preserve the purity of the load.
Pressureaide Railcars: The companys Pressureaide railcar is targeted towards the bulk powder markets. Pressureaide railcars typically handle products, such as clays, industrial and food grade starches, and flours.
The company manufactures non-pressure and high pressure tank railcars. The companys tank railcars are designed to enable the handling of various commodities, including petroleum products, ethanol, asphalt, vegetable oil, corn syrup, and other food products. The companys high pressure tank railcars transport products that require a pressurized state due to their liquid, semi-gaseous or gaseous nature, including chlorine, anhydrous ammonia, liquid propane, and butane.
Other railcar types
The company produces other railcar types, including intermodal, gondola, and aluminum coal railcars with bottom and rotary discharge.
In addition to manufacturing railcars, the company also manufactures custom and standard railcar components. The companys products include tank railcar components and valves, tank heads, discharge outlets for hopper railcars, manway covers and valve body castings, outlet components, and running boards for industrial and railroad customers and hitches for the intermodal market. The company uses these components in its own railcar manufacturing and sells certain of these products to third parties, including its competitors.
The company also manufactures aluminum and special alloy steel castings that it sells primarily to industrial customers. These products include castings for the trucking, construction, mining, and oil and gas exploration markets, as well as finished, machined aluminum castings, and other custom machined products.
The companys primary railcar services are repair, refurbishment and fleet management services. The companys primary customers for these services are leasing companies and shippers.
Repair and refurbishment
The companys repair and refurbishment services include light and heavy railcar repairs, exterior painting, interior lining application and cleaning, tank and safety valve testing, railcar inspections, wheel replace
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. American Railcar Industries Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of American Railcar Industries and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of American Railcar Industries and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. American Railcar Industries Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. American Railcar Industries Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERICAN RAILCAR INDUSTRIES VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
American Railcar Industries Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
American Railcar Industries Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
American Railcar Industries Major Shareholders
American Railcar Industries History
American Railcar Industries Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
American Railcar Industries Offices and Representations
American Railcar Industries SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
American Railcar Industries Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
American Railcar Industries Capital Market Snapshot
American Railcar Industries Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
American Railcar Industries Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
American Railcar Industries Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
American Railcar Industries Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
American Railcar Industries 1-year Stock Charts
American Railcar Industries 5-year Stock Charts
American Railcar Industries vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
American Railcar Industries vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
American Railcar Industries Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?