- The report contains detailed information about Air Transport Services Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Air Transport Services Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Air Transport Services Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Air Transport Services Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Air Transport Services Group, Inc. business.
About Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Air Transport Services Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides aircraft, airline operations, and other related services primarily to the shipping and transportation industries.
The company wholly owns three independent airlines, ABX Air, Inc. (ABX), Capital Cargo International Airlines, Inc. (CCIA), and Air Transport International, LLC (ATI). These U.S. certificated airlines primarily transport cargo within the United States and include operations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and throughout the Americas. Its leasing subsidiary, Cargo Aircraft Management, Inc. (CAM), leases aircraft to ATSGs airlines and to external customers.
ABX provides air cargo transportation through a fleet of Boeing 767 aircraft. CCIA operates Boeing 727 and 757 aircraft, primarily providing air freight transportation for BAX Global, Inc. (BAX). ATI operates Boeing 767 aircraft and McDonnell Douglas DC-8 aircraft, also for BAX, and provides airlift to the U.S. military through the Air Mobility Command.
The company's other businesses include Airborne Maintenance and Engineering Services, Inc. (AMES), a maintenance and repair organization; ABX Material Services, Inc., which markets and sells aircraft parts; ABX Cargo Services, Inc., which operates mail sorting centers for the U.S Postal Service; ABX Equipment and Facility Services, provides contract maintenance and equipment rentals; and LGSTX Fuel, Inc. (LGSTX) which provides air charter brokerage services, fuel management and specialized cargo management.
During 2009, the company operated three reportable segments: DHL, ACMI Services, and CAM. Its other business operations include aircraft maintenance and modification services, aircraft part sales, equipment leasing and maintenance, mail handling for the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), and specialized services for aircraft fuel management and freight logistics.
CAM would lease 13 Boeing 767 aircraft to DHL for seven years and ABX would operate these aircraft for DHL under a crew, maintenance, and insurance agreement (CMI) which has an initial term of five years.
The company, through its three airlines, provides airlift to freight forwarders, other airlines and other customers, typically under ACMI and charter contracts. A typical ACMI contract requires the ATSG airline to supply, at a specific rate per block hour, the aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance for specified cargo operations, while the customer is responsible for other aircraft operating expenses, including fuel, landing fees, parking fees and ground, and cargo handling expenses. BAX provides freight transportation and supply chain management services, specializing in the heavy freight market for business-to-business shipping.
CAMs fleet consists of Boeing 767, Boeing 757, Boeing 727, and DC-8 aircraft. CAM leases aircraft to ATSG airlines and to external customers usually under multi-year contracts with a schedule of fixed monthly payments. As needed, the company can provide maintenance, training, and other services to lease customers during the course of the lease term.
Other Products and Services
U.S. Postal Service: ABX Cargo Services, Inc. (ACS) manages three USPS mail sort centers in Indianapolis, Indiana; Dallas, Texas; and Memphis, Tennessee.
Cargo and Transportation Services: Primarily through its LGSTX subsidiary, the company provides brokerage services for airlift. LGSTX arranges charters for customers using third party airlines, as well as ATSG owned airlines. Additionally, LGSTX provides aircraft fuel brokerage for customers of the ATSG airlines and LGSTX provides warehousing and cargo handling services.
Aircraft Maintenance and Modification Services: The company provides aircraft maintenance and modification services to other airlines through ABX and AMES. AMES operates a repair station, in Wilmington, Ohio, including hangars, a component shop and engineering capabilities. AMESs marketable capabilities include the installation of avionics systems and flat panel displays for Boeing 757 and Boeing 767 cockpits. AMES has the capabilities to perform line maintenance, heavy maintenance and airframe overhauls on DC-9, Boeing 767, 757, 737 and 727 aircraft.
Aircraft Parts Sales and Brokerage: ABX Material Services, Inc. (AMS), which holds a certificate relating to free trade zone rights, is an Aviation Suppliers Association 100 Certified reseller and broker of aircraft parts. AMS carries an inventory of DC-8, DC-9 and Boeing 767 spare parts and also maintains inventory on consignment from original equipment manufacturers, resellers, lessors, and other airlines. AMS customers include the commercial air cargo industry, passenger airlines, aircraft manufacturers, and contract maintenance companies serving the commercial aviation industry, as well as other resellers.
Equipment and Facility Maintenance: ABX Equipment and Facility Services (AEFS) provides contract services for operators of warehouses and facilities throughout the U.S. AEFS has an inventory of ground support equipment, such as power units, airstarts, deicers and pushback vehicles that it rents to airports, airlines or other customers.
Flight Crew Training: ABX and CCIA are certificated to offer flight crew training to customers and rent usage of their flight simulators for outside training programs. ATSG owns six flight simulators, including one Boeing 767, one DC-8, two Boeing 727 and two DC-9 flight simulators.
In November 2010, Air Transport Services Group, Inc. had launched new freighter service within Asia, across the Atlantic, and within North America, for Boeing 767 widebody freighters, including advanced 767-300 aircraft.
The company's competitors include Amerijet International, Inc.; Astar Air Cargo, Inc.; Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc.; Evergreen International, Inc.; and World Airways, Inc. It also identifies competition from integrated door-to-door carriers, including DHL, the USPS, FedEx Corporation, BAX, and United Parcel Service, Inc.
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Air Transport Services Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Air Transport Services Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Air Freight Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AIR TRANSPORT SERVICES GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. History
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Air Freight Industry Statistics
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Air Transport Services Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?