AeroVironment, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about AeroVironment, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AeroVironment, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AeroVironment, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AeroVironment, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AeroVironment, Inc. business.
About AeroVironment, Inc.
AeroVironment, Inc. engages in the design, development, production, and support of unmanned aircraft systems and efficient energy systems for various industries and governmental agencies.
The company conducts its operations through two segments, Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Efficient Energy Systems.
The Unmanned Aircraft Systems business segment focuses primarily on the design, development, production, and support of UAS that provide situational awareness and other mission effects.
The Efficient Energy Systems business segment focuses primarily on the design, development, production, and support of efficient electric energy systems.
The companys small UAS, including Raven, Wasp, and Puma, are designed to provide intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, (ISR), including real-time tactical reconnaissance, tracking, combat assessment and geographic data, directly to the small tactical unit or individual warfighter. The companys small unmanned aircraft wirelessly transmit critical live video and other information generated by their payload of electro-optical or infrared sensors directly to a hand-held ground control system, enabling the operator to view and capture images, during the day or at night, on a hand-held ground control unit. The companys ground control systems allow the operator to control the aircraft by programming it for GPS-based autonomous navigation using operator-designated way-points and also provide for manual flight operation.
In military applications, the companys systems enable tactical leaders to observe the next corner, intersection or ridgeline in real-time. The companys small UAS also include spare equipment, alternative payload modules, batteries, chargers, repair services, and customer support. Each system in its small UAS portfolio includes three aircraft, its common and interoperable hand-held ground control unit and an array of spare parts and accessories.
The ground control system (GCS) is the primary interface between the operator and the aircraft, and allows the operator to control the direction, speed, and altitude of the aircraft, as well as view the visual information generated by the aircraft through real-time, streaming video. The companys single GCS interfaces with each of its air vehicles, providing a common user interface with each of its air vehicles.
The company is also producing new Raven systems incorporating its digital data link (DDL) and retrofit kits to convert customers analog Raven systems to digital communications format.
In support of its small UAS, the company offers a suite of services that help to ensure the operation of its products by its customers. The company provides spare parts, as well as repair, refurbishment, and replacement services through its services operation. This system also provides parts and repairs history and tracks usage data to enable inventory optimization forecasting. Its Simi Valley, California facility, also serves as the primary depot for repairs and spare parts.
The company provides training services to support its small UAS. It deploys training teams throughout the continental United States and abroad to support its customers' various training needs on both production and development-stage systems. It also offers flight operation services to customers requiring the information generated by its small UAS. The company provides contract engineering services in support of customer-funded research and development projects.
Efficient Energy Systems Products
The Efficient Energy Systems business segment produces industrial productivity and transportation solutions for commercial and government customers, develops new transportation solutions, and performs contract engineering services. These solutions consist of PosiCharge electric vehicle charging systems for industrial electric material handling fleets, electric vehicle charging systems for passenger and fleet vehicles, and power cycling and test systems for developers and manufacturers of plug-in electric and advanced hybrid vehicles, as well as battery packs, electric motors, and fuel cells
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AeroVironment, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AeroVironment, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AeroVironment, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AeroVironment, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AeroVironment, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AEROVIRONMENT, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
AeroVironment, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AeroVironment, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AeroVironment, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AeroVironment, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AeroVironment, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AeroVironment, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
AeroVironment, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AeroVironment, Inc. Key Executives
AeroVironment, Inc. Major Shareholders
AeroVironment, Inc. History
AeroVironment, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AeroVironment, Inc. Offices and Representations
AeroVironment, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AeroVironment, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AeroVironment, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AeroVironment, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
AeroVironment, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AeroVironment, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?