- The report contains detailed information about Adept Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Adept Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Adept Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Adept Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Adept Technology Inc. business.
About Adept Technology Inc.
Adept Technology, Inc. provides intelligent robotics systems and services to automation markets, including packaging, solar, and medical, as well as to the disk drive/electronics market and traditional industrial markets, including machine tool automation and automotive electronics.
The companys product range includes application software, integrated real-time vision and multi-axis motion controls, machine vision systems and software, autonomous navigation software and controls, industrial robots, autonomous service robots, intelligent automated guided vehicles (AGVs), and advanced vision-based flexible parts feeders.
The companys business is focused on delivering automation products, components, and services for assembly, packaging, warehousing and logistics, automated transportation, material handling inspection and lab automation applications under two operating segments, Robotics, and Services and Support.
The Robotics segment provides intelligent motion controls systems, vision inspection and guidance systems, autonomous navigation software and controls, production automation software, and both industrial and service robot mechanisms to customers.
The company offers five families of robots: the 4-axis Cobra family of robots, which are SCARA (Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm) robot mechanisms designed for assembly and material handling tasks; Adept Quattro parallel robots for high-speed packaging, assembly, and loading/unloading applications; Adept Viper 6-axis articulated robots for high-speed precision assembly; Modular Adept Python single axis robot mechanisms that are highly configurable by the user; and Mobile robots, including autonomous service robots and intelligent AGVs.
Advanced Controls and Software
The company's proprietary industrial robotic control system, consisting of controls and software, is characterized by features, including integrated vision, motion control, and geometric object recognition. Additionally, the companys control system is designed to work with both Adept robots and third party robot mechanisms. The company also enables manufacturers to coordinate multiple Adept robots with one controls system, using its proprietary digital servo network distributed controls architecture based on the high-speed IEEE-1394 FireWire network.
The Adept SmartController CX is a robot and vision controller based on the companys proprietary SmartServo distributed architecture. The Adept SmartServo distributed servo control network integrates motion control for approximately 24 axes, vision guidance and inspection, and real-time networking and communications functions. Additionally, Adept motion controls can be used with third-party robot mechanisms, feeders, servo-controlled conveyors, or other servo and process-control axes.
The companys AdeptVision family offers integrated machine vision products that are used for robot guidance and inspection applications. Utilizing proprietary geometric object recognition, the integration of its controller and vision systems software enables high speed vision applications, such as vision servoing and on-the-fly vision refinement. For inspection applications, such as gauging and dimensioning, the AdeptVision product is sold as an integrated inspection vision system comprising a SmartController CX with an embedded vision board and software. AdeptSight integrates PC-based vision with the companys robotic and motion control product and is designed to work with its overall product line of robots, making the development and use of vision location, guidance and inspection applications.
Adept Automation Control Environment (ACE) is a real-time application software environment designed to program, integrate, and deploy one or more robots. Targeted at packing, handling and assembly applications in the packaging, solar and medical markets, ACE integrates the functionality of robot applications, such as robot motion, robot location, vision, conveyer tracking, and communications in a graphical application software interface. ACE is built on the Microsoft. net
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Adept Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Adept Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Adept Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Adept Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Adept Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ADEPT TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Adept Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Adept Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Adept Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Adept Technology Inc. History
Adept Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Adept Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Adept Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Adept Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Adept Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Adept Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
Adept Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Adept Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Adept Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Adept Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Adept Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Adept Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Adept Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Adept Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?