- The report contains detailed information about YPF S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for YPF S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The YPF S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes YPF S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of YPF S.A. business.
About YPF S.A.
YPF Sociedad Anonima engages in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in Argentina. The company also involves in the refining, marketing, transportation, and distribution of oil and a range of petroleum products, petroleum derivatives, petrochemicals, LPG, and bio-fuels. The company is a subsidiary of Repsol YPF, S.A.
The company operates through three segments, including Exploration and Production; Refining and Marketing; and Chemical.
Exploration and Production
This segment engages in the sale of natural gas and offers a range of services, primarily for the transportation, storage, and treatment of hydrocarbons and products.
Argentinas total onshore acreage consists of approximately 421 million acres, and total offshore acreage consists of 176 million acres on the South Atlantic shelf within the 200-meter depth line. Commercial production focuses on 5 basins, including Neuquina, Cuyana and Golfo San Jorge in central Argentina, Austral in southern Argentina (which includes onshore and offshore fields), and the Noroeste basin in northern Argentina.
As of December 31, 2009, the company held 107 production concessions and exploration permits in Argentina. It directly operates 71 of them, including 61 production concessions and 10 exploration permits. As of December 31, 2009, the company held 16 exploration permits in Argentina, 11 of which are onshore exploration permits and 5 of which are offshore exploration permits. It has 100% ownership of 3 onshore permits, and its participating interests in the rest vary between 50% and 63%. Its interests in the offshore permits vary between 30% and 35%.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 91 production concessions in Argentina. It has a 100% ownership interest in 54 production concessions, and its participating interests in the remaining 37 production concessions vary between 12.2% and 98%.
Joint ventures and contractual arrangements in Argentina
The company participates in 13 exploration and 25 production joint ventures and contractual arrangements (18 of them non-operated) in Argentina. The companys interests in these joint ventures and contractual arrangements range from 12.2% to 98%. The company is also a party to various other contractual arrangements that arose through the renegotiation of service contracts and risk contracts.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had mineral rights in 63 blocks in the United States, consists of 58 exploratory blocks, with a net surface area of 857 square kilometers and 5 development blocks, with a net surface area of 17 square kilometers. The companys U.S. subsidiaries net proved reserves in the United States as of December 31, 2009, were 1.4 mmboe. Its U.S. subsidiaries net petroleum production in the United States for 2009 was 1.0 mmboe.
The Neptune Field is located approximately 120 miles from the Louisiana coast within the deepwater region of the Central Gulf of Mexico. The unitized field area consists of Atwater Valley Blocks 573, 574, 575, 617 and 618. Its indirect subsidiary, Maxus U.S. Exploration Company, has a 15% working interest in the field. The other joint venture participants are BHP Billiton (35%), Marathon Oil Corp. (30%), and Woodside Petroleum Ltd (20%). BHP Billiton is the operator of the Neptune Field and the associated production facilities. The Neptune reserves are being produced using a tension leg platform (TLP) located in Green Canyon Block 613 within 4,230 feet of water.
In 2009, YPF Holdings Inc. (YPF Holdings) participated in the drilling of the Northwood exploration prospect in the Gulf of Mexico. Additionally, as of December 31, 2009, the company held through YPF Guyana Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of YPF International, S.A., an undivided participating interest of 30% in a petroleum prospecting license (the Petroleum Prospecting License) and a petroleum agreement (the Petroleum Agreement) in Guyana, with a surface exploratory area attributable to its working interest of 2,520 square kilometers, which represents approximately 622.7
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YPF S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YPF S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YPF S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YPF S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YPF S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. YPF S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of YPF S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of YPF S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. YPF S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. YPF S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. YPF S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YPF S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YPF S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ARGENTINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YPF S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YPF S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YPF S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
YPF S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
YPF S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
YPF S.A. Major Shareholders
YPF S.A. History
YPF S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
YPF S.A. Offices and Representations
YPF S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
YPF S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
YPF S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
YPF S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
YPF S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
YPF S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
YPF S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
YPF S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
YPF S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
YPF S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
YPF S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
YPF S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?