- The report contains detailed information about Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. business.
About Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd.
Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited engages in underground coal mining, preparation and processing, sales, and railway transportation of coal. The companys operations also include the production of coal chemicals and generation of electricity and heat.
The company operates six coal mines, namely the Nantun, Xinglongzhuang, Baodian, Dongtan, Jining II and Jining III (collectively, the Six Coal Mines), which produce a majority of its total coal output. As of December 31, 2009, the Six Coal Mines had an estimated collective in-place proven and probable reserve base of approximately 1,831.2 million tonnes.
Through its subsidiaries, the company has interests in various coal mines in China and Australia. Yancoal Australia Pty Limited (Yancoal Australia) operates Austar Coal Mine, Yarrabee Coal Mine, Minerva Coal Mine, Ashton Coal Mine, and Moolarben Coal Mine, which collectively holds approximately 557.8 million tonnes of recoverable coal reserves. Yanzhou Coal Shanxi Nenghua Company Limited (Shanxi Nenghua) operates Tianchi Coal Mine, which holds 27.8 million tonnes of recoverable reserves, and Yanmei Heze Nenghua Company Limited (Heze Nenghua) operates Zhaolou Coal Mine, which holds 105.8 million tonnes of recoverable reserves.
The company's main product of coal business are thermal coal, semi-hard coking coal, semi-soft coking coal, PCI coal and 1/3 coking coal which are sold to power plants, metallurgical mills, chemical manufacturers, construction material manufacturers and fuel trading companies in Eastern China and countries, such as Japan and Korea.
The company produces low sulfur coal that is suitable for a range of applications. Its products consist principally of thermal coal and semi-soft coking coal and semi-hard coking coal, which are suitable for power generation and metallurgical production, respectively.
In 2009, the company produced approximately 36.3 million tonnes of raw coal, including 33.4 million tonnes by it, 1.9 million tonnes by Yancoal Australia, 1.0 million tonnes by Shanxi Nenghua and 40,000 tonnes by Heze Nenghua.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys major customers are Huadian Power International Corporation Limited, Yankuang Meihua Gongxiao Co., Ltd., Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd., Linyi Yehua Coking Co., Ltd., and Yankuang Group Logistics Co., Ltd. The companys major overseas markets include Japan, Korea, Australia, the United States, and Switzerland.
The company primarily procures steel principally from Jinan Iron & Steel Co. Ltd., Laiwu Iron & Steel Group Corp. Ltd. and Shandong Shiheng Special Steel Group Co. Ltd. and cement from Shandong Lucheng Cement Company, Ltd. and Taishan Cement Works. It procures water primarily from Yankuang Group Corporation Limited (Yankuang Group) pursuant to the Materials Supply Agreement and its supplemental agreements, and from local water companies.
Railway Transportation Business
The company owns and operates a railway transportation network that connects its coal mines to the national railway system and Zouxian Power Plant. It offers railway transportation services to customers, including Yankuang Group.
The companys railway network connects it to the national railway system, such as Jinghu railway and Yanshi railway, and provides it access to Zouxian Power Plant. It uses its railway network to provide railway transportation services for its own internal use, as well as to Yankuang Group and other customers.
Coal Chemical Business
The companys coal chemical business focuses on the production of methanol, a liquid commodity that can be produced from coal or natural gas. In 2009, it produced 199,000 tonnes of methanol and sold 190,000 tonnes. Yanzhou Coal Yulin Nenghua Company Limited (Yulin Nenghua) produced 190,000 tonnes after commencing commercial production in 2009 and sold 178,000 tonnes in 2009.
Sales and Marketing
The company sells its methanol in China, predominately to chemical producers in Northern and Eastern China and methanol distributors, relying on regional highways to deliver its products.
Electric Power and Heat Supply Business
The company owns and operates eight power plants, which generate electricity for internal use and external sales. In 2009, it generated a total of 1,201.2 million kWh of electricity, of which it sold 562.3 million kWh externally. The power plants operated by Hua Ju Energy, Tianhao Chemicals and Yulin Nenghua generated 1,051.2 million kWh, 102.9 million kWh and 47.2 million kWh, respectively.
The company held 95.14% of the equity interest in Hua Ju Energy as of December 31, 2009. Hua Ju Energy operates coal-fired power plants whose main facilities consist of energy conversion CFB boilers and extraction and condensing steam turbines. The power plants at Hua Ju Energy has an installed capacity of 114 megawatt and the power plants at Yulin Nenghua and Tianhao Chemicals have an aggregate installed capacity of 84 megawatt. The companys heat supply operations consist of the production and sale of heat supply.
Sales and Marketing
The company consumes most of the heat generated by its power plants and to the extent it has extra capacity, sell to Yankuang Group.
Shanxi Tianhao Chemicals Company Limited and Yanzhou Coal Yulin Nenghua Company Limited sources thermal coal from local coal mines.
Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited was founded in 1973.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YANZHOU COAL MINING CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. History
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?