- The report contains detailed information about WSP Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for WSP Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The WSP Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes WSP Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of WSP Holdings Ltd. business.
About WSP Holdings Ltd.
WSP Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, manufactures oil country tubular goods (OCTG) products. The company offers casing, tubing, and drill pipes for oil and natural gas exploration, drilling, and extraction activities. In the international markets, the company established an overseas customer base, covering oilfields in North America, the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and Russia.
The company offers a range of OCTG products to its customers. Its product portfolio can generally be divided into two categories, including API products, which are products manufactured according to the standards formulated by the American Petroleum Institute (API); and non-API products, which are products tailor-made to meet customers specifications.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys operating assets included 13 threading lines and 2 drill pipe production lines with an aggregate annual production capacity of approximately 924,000 tonnes of OCTG.
The companys products are key components in the oil and natural gas drilling and extraction process and are used in oil and gas wells in major oilfields throughout China. It manufactures three major types of OCTG, namely casing, tubing and drill pipes, all of which are used in the oil and gas industries.
Casing: Casing is a large-diameter pipe that lines the wellbore. Casing is used to prevent the wall of the wellbore from collapsing and allows drilling fluid to circulate and extraction to take place.
Tubing: Tubing is a pipe used for the transportation of crude oil and natural gas from the oil or gas layer to the surface after drilling has been completed. Tubing is manufactured in the same way as casing, except that an additional process known as upsetting is applied to thicken the pipes.
Drill Pipes: Drill pipes are steel tubes fitted with threaded ends and used to connect the rig surface equipment with the bottomhole assembly. Drill pipes are also used to transport drilling fluid to the bit and to raise, lower and rotate the bottomhole assembly and the bit. Drill pipes must be manufactured to withstand severe external and internal pressure, distortion, bending and vibration.
In addition to the above types of OCTG, the company also produced line pipes, also known as liners, which are a special type of casing pillar that extends to the wellhead. Line pipes can be divided into drilling liners and oil extraction liners. It classifies its line pipe products as API products. The company also produces green pipes, which are semi-finished pipes. It occasionally sells green pipes to customers upon special request.
In February 2010, the company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, First Space Holdings Limited (FSHL), acquired WSP Pipe Company Limited.
During 2009, the companys customer included China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC); CAMEG SPA Filiale Sonelgaz; Yanchang Oil Field Co., Ltd.; PTT Exploration and Production Public Co., Ltd.; and China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, or Sinopec.
The companys major suppliers include Nanjing Iron & Steel United Co., Ltd. and Wuxi Xuefeng Steel Co., Ltd.
The companys competitors include Tianjin Pipe (Group) Corporation, Shanghai Baosteel Group Corporation, Pangang Group Chengdu Iron & Steel Co., Ltd., Tenaris, Vallourec & Mannesmann Tubes, TMK, Sumitomo, JFE Steel Corporation, and U.S. Steel.
WSP Holdings Limited was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. WSP Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of WSP Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of WSP Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. WSP Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. WSP Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WSP HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
WSP Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
WSP Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
WSP Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
WSP Holdings Ltd. History
WSP Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
WSP Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
WSP Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
WSP Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
WSP Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
WSP Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
WSP Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
WSP Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
WSP Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
WSP Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
WSP Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
WSP Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
WSP Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
WSP Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?