- The report contains detailed information about Woodward Governor Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Woodward Governor Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Woodward Governor Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Woodward Governor Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Woodward Governor Co. business.
About Woodward Governor Co.
Woodward Governor Company engages in the design, manufacture, and servicing of energy control and solutions for commercial aircraft, military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment, gas and steam turbines, wind turbines, including converters and power grid related equipment, industrial diesel, gas and alternative fuel reciprocating engines, and electrical power systems. The company also provides aftermarket repair, replacement, and other service support for its installed products.
Products and Services
The company engages in the energy control within the aerospace & defense and energy markets that it serves. It designs, produces, and serves components and integrated systems that manage and control the energy of fluid movement, motion, combustion, and electricity.
Principal Lines of Business
The company serves two markets the aerospace & defense market and the energy market, through its four operating business segments: Turbine Systems, Airframe Systems, Electrical Power Systems, and Engine Systems.
The companys Turbine Systems segment develops and manufactures systems and components that provide energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft propulsion applications, including fuel and combustion systems for turbine engines in its aerospace & defense markets, and for the industrial gas and steam turbines in its energy markets.
The company provides integrated fuel control and combustion systems, including components, such as electronic controls, fuel pumps, metering units, actuators, valves, and fuel nozzles. Its original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) customers manufacture gas turbines for use in aerospace propulsion, and gas and steam turbines for power generation, industrial process, and marine propulsion applications. It also provides aftermarket repair, overhaul, and other services to commercial airlines, turbine OEM repair facilities, military depots, third party repair shops, and end users.
The companys Airframe Systems segment develops and manufactures cockpit, electromechanical, and hydraulic motion control systems, and mission-critical actuation systems and controls, including actuators, hydraulic motors, gears, and sensors. These systems and controls are used in commercial and military fixed wing and rotary aircraft, combat vehicles, and weapons systems, including guided weapons, and electro-optical targeting and motion suppression systems programs for combat vehicles, including the M1A1 Abrams tank.
Electrical Power Systems
The company Electrical Power Systems segment develops and manufactures systems and components that provide power sensing and energy control management. These systems and components improve the power generation and electrical power networks for industrial markets, which include the power generation, power distribution, and power conversion industries.
The company designs, produces, and serves power converters for wind turbines, and integrated control systems, and electronic control devices that measure, communicate, and protect energy flows for low and medium voltage distribution systems through the Electrical Power Systems segment. It also provides repair, overhaul, and other services to end customers, OEM customers, and equipment operators as part of the wind power and power station side of its business.
The companys Engine Systems segment develops and manufactures systems and components that provide energy control and optimization solutions for the industrial reciprocating engine markets, which include power generation, transportation, and process industries.
The companys Engine Systems provides integrated control systems and control components, such as electronics, governors, actuators, valves, pumps, injectors, solenoids, and ignition systems primarily to OEMs that manufacture diesel, gas, and alternative fuel reciprocating engines. Engine Systems also sells to distributors for resale into power generation, transportation, and process applications. Its products are used in end products ranging from forklifts to heavy industrial mining vehicles, as well as marine engines and industrial power generators.
As of September 30, 2010, the companys customers included General Electric; United Technologies; Boeing; General Dynamics; REpower Systems; Nordex Energy; Caterpillar; and Cummins.
The companys competitors in aerospace and defense include divisions of Goodrich, Hamilton Sundstrand, Honeywell, Moog, and Parker Hannifin. In the Turbine Systems and Airframe Systems segments, various competitors include Hamilton Sundstrand, Parker Hannifin, and Honeywell. Its power generation and distribution competitors range from various small to medium sized regional companies to global competitors, such as GE Multilin, ABB, Siemens, Schweitzer Electric, and Areva. Its industrial turbine competitors include Young and Franklyn, Whittaker, PECC, Parker Hannifin, Goodrich Aerospace, Triconex, Compress Controls Corporation, Allen Bradley, and Rexroth. It competes with various companies, who specialize in various engine management products include Heinzmann GmbH & Co., Robert Bosch AG, LOrange GmbH, and Hoerbiger.
Woodward Governor Company was founded in 1870.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Woodward Governor Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Woodward Governor Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Woodward Governor Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Woodward Governor Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Woodward Governor Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WOODWARD GOVERNOR CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Woodward Governor Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Woodward Governor Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Woodward Governor Co. Major Shareholders
Woodward Governor Co. History
Woodward Governor Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Woodward Governor Co. Offices and Representations
Woodward Governor Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Woodward Governor Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Woodward Governor Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Woodward Governor Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Woodward Governor Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Woodward Governor Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Woodward Governor Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Woodward Governor Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Woodward Governor Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Woodward Governor Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Woodward Governor Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Woodward Governor Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?