- The report contains detailed information about Western Gas Partners LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Western Gas Partners LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Western Gas Partners LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Western Gas Partners LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Western Gas Partners LP business.
About Western Gas Partners LP
Western Gas Partners, LP owns, operates, acquires, and develops midstream energy assets. With midstream assets in East and West Texas, the Rocky Mountains and the Mid-Continent, the company is engaged in the business of gathering, compressing, treating, processing and transporting natural gas for Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (Anadarko), and other producers and customers.
Assets and Areas of Operation
As of December 31, 2009, the companys assets consist of nine gathering systems, six natural gas treating facilities, four gas processing facilities, one NGL pipeline and one interstate pipeline that is regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission or FERC. Its assets are located in East and West Texas, the Rocky Mountains, and the Mid-Continent.
Dew gathering system: The 323-mile Dew gathering system is located in Anderson, Freestone, Leon and Robertson Counties of East Texas. The system provides gathering, dehydration and compression services and ultimately delivers into the Pinnacle gas treating system for any required treating. The Dew gathering system has 11 compressor stations with a combined 43,515 horsepower of compression. Anadarko is the main shipper on the Dew gathering system.
Pinnacle gathering system: The Pinnacle gathering system includes 266-mile Pinnacle gathering system and Bethel treating plant. The Pinnacle system provides sour gas gathering and treating service in Anderson, Freestone, Leon, Limestone and Robertson Counties of East Texas. The Bethel treating plant, located in Anderson County, has total CO2 treating capacity of 502 MMcf/d and 20 long tons per day, or LTD, of sulfur treating capacity.
Delivery Points: The Pinnacle gathering system is connected to Enterprise Texas Pipeline, LPs pipeline, the Energy Transfer Fuels pipeline, the ETC Texas pipeline, Kinder Morgans Tejas pipeline, the ATMOS Texas pipeline and the Enbridge Pipelines (East Texas) LP pipeline. These pipelines provide transportation to the Carthage, Waha and Houston Ship Channel market hubs in Texas.
Chipeta processing plant: The company owns a 51% membership interest in and are the managing member of Chipeta. Chipeta owns a natural gas processing plant complex, which includes two processing trains: a refrigeration unit, and a 250 MMcf/d capacity cryogenic unit. The Chipeta system also includes the Natural Buttes plant, which provides up to 180 MMcf/d of incremental refrigeration processing capacity, and a 100% Partnership-owned 15-mile NGL pipeline connecting the Chipeta plant to a third-party pipeline. These assets provide processing and transportation services in the Greater Natural Buttes area in Uintah County, Utah.
The Chipeta plant delivers NGLs through 15-mile pipeline to Enterprises Mid-America Pipeline, which provides transportation through the Seminole pipeline in West Texas and ultimately to the NGL markets at Mont Belvieu, Texas and the Texas Gulf Coast. The Chipeta plant delivers natural gas through: Questar Gas Managements pipeline to the Kern River market; Colorado Interstate Gas companys, or CIGs pipeline to the Opal market; CIGs pipeline at the Annabuttes interconnect point on the Uintah Basin lateral; Wyoming Interstate Co.s Kanda lateral pipeline with either access to the Trailblazer system or delivery to the Northwest Pipeline or the Rockies Express Pipeline; or Questar Pipeline Companys pipeline with interconnects with Kern River at the Goshen point.
MIGC transportation system: The MIGC system is a 256-mile interstate pipeline operating within the Powder River Basin of Wyoming. The MIGC system traverses the Powder River Basin from north to south, extending to Glenrock, Wyoming.
Fort Union gathering system: The Fort Union system is a 314-mile gathering system operating within the Powder River Basin of Wyoming, starting in west central Campbell County and terminating at the Medicine Bow treating plant. The Fort Union gathering system has three parallel pipelines, each approximately 106 miles in length, and includes CO2 treating facilities at the Medicine Bow plant.
Helper gathering system: The 67-mile Helper gathering system, l
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Western Gas Partners LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Western Gas Partners LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Western Gas Partners LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Western Gas Partners LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Western Gas Partners LP Industry Position Analysis
6. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESTERN GAS PARTNERS LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Western Gas Partners LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Western Gas Partners LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Western Gas Partners LP Major Shareholders
Western Gas Partners LP History
Western Gas Partners LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Western Gas Partners LP Offices and Representations
Western Gas Partners LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Western Gas Partners LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Western Gas Partners LP Capital Market Snapshot
Western Gas Partners LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Western Gas Partners LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Western Gas Partners LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Western Gas Partners LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Western Gas Partners LP 1-year Stock Charts
Western Gas Partners LP 5-year Stock Charts
Western Gas Partners LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Western Gas Partners LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Western Gas Partners LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?