- The report contains detailed information about Virginia Energy Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Virginia Energy Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Virginia Energy Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Virginia Energy Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Virginia Energy Resources Inc. business.
About Virginia Energy Resources Inc.
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of mineral resource properties in Canada, Mexico, and United States of America. The company focuses primarily on the energy sector with emphasis placed on uranium projects.
Kasmere Project: The company retains the 2% net smelter return royalty (NSR) on the property.
Hatchet Lake 50% Joint Venture: The company owns a 50% equity interest in 20 mineral exploration claims, referred to as the Hatchet Lake Joint Venture Project, located on the Wollaston Trend at the northeast margin of the Athabasca Formation.
Athabasca Basin Uranium: The company owns a 100% working interest in 7 prospecting permits in northern Saskatchewan.
Bow River Project Coal: The company owns a 100% equity interest in 14 contiguous coal prospecting permits referred to as the Bow River Coal Field. In 2007, the company converted 7,260 hectares of the permits to 30 leases, abandoning the remaining property.
Bingo/Alimak/Decade/RKN Gold: In 2008, the company entered into an option agreement to earn an operating interest in various Golden Band Resources Inc.s (Golden Band) gold exploration projects located in the La Ronge Greenstone Belt in northern Saskatchewan.
Otish Mountains Uranium: In 2007, Melkior Resources Inc. (Melkior) staked 406 claims and contributed 214 pre-existing claims and entered into a 50:50 joint venture with the company to explore for uranium and other metals (exclusive of the diamond rights, which would be retained by Melkior) in the Otish Mountains of Quebec.
The company has an agreement with Melkior to acquire a 100% interest in 13 mineral claims in the Otish Mountains district. It has an agreement with Melkior to acquire a 66-2/3% undivided interest in 317 claims, exclusive of diamond rights, in the Lac LaParre property.
Otish Basin Uranium: In 2008, the company entered into an Agreement with Xemplar Energy Corp. (Xemplar) to acquire approximately a 100% interest in a property in the Otish Basin district.
Labrador and Newfoundland
Mega Uranium: The company has a formal agreement with Monster Copper Corporation (Monster) to acquire a 50% interest in the Bruce River and Mustang Lake properties.
Karpinka Uranium: In May 2009, the company formed a 50:50 joint venture with Forum Uranium Corp.
Other Labrador Uranium: The company owns a 100% interest in four mineral licenses within the Central Mineral Belt of Labrador.
Tropico Project, Sinaloa, Mexico Copper, PGE: The company holds a 60% interest in the Tropico Project, which is made up of the Maricela and Tarantula II concessions. In 2008, the company agreed to option its remaining interests in the Tropico property to Skeena Resources Limited (Skeena). It retains a 60% interest in a 2% NSR on the property.
100% Virginia Properties
McGregor and Toews: In March 2009, Virginia Energy staked two new properties in the Moore Lake Webb River area on the southeast margin of the basin.
Fond du Lac: In late 2008, Virginia Energy restaked target areas and the property is 100% owned by Virginia. The property covers the shallow northeast portion of the basin.
Riou River: The company owns a 100% interest in the Riou River.
Strategis Property Acquisition
In September 2009, the company signed an option agreement with Big Red Diamond Corporation for the Strategis Property, comprising 5100 hectares of map designated claims in 97 cells, located between Virginias wholly owned Otish West property and the Lorenz property under option from Xemplar.
Labrador Projects (Central Mineral Belt)
Anomaly 7: The company has 100% interest in the project.
Other Property Interests
Tropico, Mexico: The companys interest in the property was optioned to Skeena Resources Limited in 2008.
The company was incorporated in 1993. It was formerly known as Santoy Resources Ltd. and changed its name to Virginia Energy Resources Inc. in July 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Virginia Energy Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Virginia Energy Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIRGINIA ENERGY RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. History
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Virginia Energy Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?