- The report contains detailed information about Valence Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Valence Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Valence Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Valence Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Valence Technology Inc. business.
About Valence Technology Inc.
Valence Technology, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of energy power systems utilizing its proprietary phosphate-based lithium-ion technology for various applications with emphasis on portable appliances and future generations of hybrid and electric vehicles.
The U-Charge Energy Storage System: The U-Charge Energy Storage System is a family of products based on its proprietary lithium iron magnesium phosphate technology and is designed to be a direct replacement for standard-sized lead-acid energy storage systems. It offers 12.8 and 19.2 volt energy storage systems. U-Charge Energy Storage Systems are used in various applications, such as hybrid and full electric vehicles, wheelchairs, scooters, robotics, marine, remote power, military, back-up, and other devices. The company has introduced a Revision 2 to its U-Charge Lithium Iron Magnesium Phosphate Energy Storage Systems. This Revision 2 of its U-Charge system features its lithium phosphate technology, which utilizes a phosphate-based cathode material.
The company has identified four key market sectors, including Motive; Stationary; Industrial; and Military.
Motive: The company is enabling transportation solutions from all-electric and hybrid personal transporters to commercial delivery vehicles and mass transit buses. The company is working with a global customer base to deliver motive solutions for hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), electric vehicles (EVs), and neighborhood electric vehicles (NEVs), including car, bus, truck, tram, scooter, and motorbike applications.
Stationary: Stationary Energy Storage Systems are designed to provide electrical power to large systems during instances of power outages. The companys Lithium Phosphate Energy Storage Systems offer large format back-up and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) solutions for commercial and utilities applications.
Industrial: The Industrial market sector includes applications where the majority of the batterys energy is not used in propelling the application but rather lifting, powering or handling goods or materials. This includes applications, such as floor cleaners, forklifts, medical carts, defibrillators, wheelchairs, robotics, and other industrial tools.
Military: The main focus for military applications includes robotics, communications, survey equipment, and auxiliary power systems. The motive applications in the military sector include EVs, HEVs and PHEVs in armored and non-armored vehicles, as well as marine, submarine, and aviation applications.
Marine: The Marine market sector includes applications, such as hybrid yachts, tug boats, and other vessels. The company's products enable yachts, such as those made by BJ Technologie, a subsidiary of Beneteau Group, to enter and exit harbors in an all-electric, non-polluting mode.
The companys major customers include Segway, Inc.; Smith Electric Vehicles, US Corp; The Tanfield Group, PLC; Enova Inc.; and The Wright Group (Wright Bus).
The company depends on a sole supplier, Tianjin Lishen Battery Joint-Stock Co., Ltd., for its cylindrical cells.
The companys competitors include Sanyo; Matsushita Industrial Co., Ltd. (Panasonic); Sony; Toshiba; SAFT; A123 Systems; and Ener1.
Valence Technology, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Valence Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Valence Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Valence Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Valence Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Valence Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VALENCE TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Valence Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Valence Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Valence Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Valence Technology Inc. History
Valence Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Valence Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Valence Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Valence Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Valence Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Valence Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Valence Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Valence Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Valence Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Valence Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Valence Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Valence Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Valence Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Valence Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?