- The report contains detailed information about Transocean Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Transocean Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Transocean Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Transocean Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Transocean Ltd. business.
About Transocean Ltd.
Transocean Ltd. provides offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells worldwide. The companys operations are geographically dispersed in oil and gas exploration and development areas worldwide.
The companys primary business is to contract its drilling rigs, related equipment, and work crews on a dayrate basis to drill oil and gas wells. It operates in technically demanding segments of the offshore drilling business with a particular focus on deepwater and harsh environment drilling services. The company also provides oil and gas drilling management services on either a dayrate basis or a completed-project, fixed-price (or turnkey) basis, as well as drilling engineering and drilling project management services, and it participates in oil and gas exploration and production activities.
The company principally operates three types of drilling rigs: drillships; semisubmersibles; and jackups. As of February 2, 2010, the company owned, had partial ownership interests in, or operated 138 mobile offshore drilling units. Its fleet consisted of 44 high-specification floaters (ultra-deepwater, deepwater and harsh environment semisubmersibles and drillships), 26 midwater floaters, 10 high-specification jackups, 55 standard jackups, and three other rigs. In addition, the company had five ultra-deepwater floaters under construction.
As of February 2, 2010, the companys fleet was located in the Far East (25 units), the U.K. North Sea (16 units), the Middle East (16 units), the U.S. Gulf of Mexico (15 units), West African countries other than Nigeria and Angola (14 units), India (12 units), Brazil (10 units), Nigeria (seven units), Angola (six units), Norway (five units), the Mediterranean (four units), Trinidad (two units), Australia (two units), Canada (two units), the Netherlands (one unit), and the Caspian Sea (one unit).
Contract Drilling Services
The companys contracts to provide offshore drilling services are individually negotiated and vary in their terms and provisions.
Drilling Management Services
The company provides drilling management services primarily on a turnkey basis through Applied Drilling Technology Inc., its wholly owned subsidiary, which primarily operates in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and through ADT International, a division of its U.K. subsidiary, which primarily operates in the North Sea (together, 'ADTI''). As part of its turnkey drilling services, the company provides planning, engineering, and management services beyond the scope of its traditional contract drilling business. Under turnkey arrangements, the company assumes responsibility for the design and execution of a well and delivers a logged or cased hole to an agreed depth for a guaranteed price for which payment is contingent upon successful completion of the well program. In addition to turnkey drilling services, the company participates in project management operations that include providing certain planning, management and engineering services, purchasing equipment and providing personnel, and other logistical services to customers.
The company provides well and logistics services in addition to its normal drilling services through third party contractors and its employees. These services are referred to as integrated services. As of February 2, 2010, the company was performing such services in India.
Oil and Gas Properties
The company conducts oil and gas exploration, development, and production activities through its oil and gas subsidiaries. Its oil and gas activities are conducted through Challenger Minerals Inc. and Challenger Minerals (North Sea) Limited (together, 'CMI''), which holds property interests primarily in the U.S. offshore Louisiana and Texas and in the U.K. sector of the North Sea.
Joint Venture, Agency and Sponsorship Relationships and Other Investments
The company is an active participant in various joint venture drilling companies, principally in Angola, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Nigeria.
The company holds a 50% interest in Transocean Pacific Drilling Inc. ('TPDI'), a British Virgin Islands joint venture company formed by the company and Pacific Drilling Limited ('Pacific Drilling''), a Liberian company, to own two ultra-deepwater drillships named Dhirubhai Deepwater KG1 and Dhirubhai Deepwater KG2. Under a management services agreement with TPDI, the company provides construction management services for the Dhirubhai Deepwater KG2 and operating management services for the Dhirubhai Deepwater KG1, and it has agreed to provide operating management services for the Dhirubhai Deepwater KG2 after the drillship commences operations.
The company holds a 65% interest in Angola Deepwater Drilling Company Limited ('ADDCL''), a Cayman Islands joint venture company formed to construct, own, and operate an ultra-deepwater drillship to be named Discoverer Luanda. Angco Cayman Limited, a Cayman Islands company, holds the remaining 35 percent interest in ADDCL. Under a management services agreement with ADDCL, the company provides construction management services and has agreed to provide operating management services once the drillship begins operations.
The company holds a 50% interest in Overseas Drilling Limited (ODL'), an unconsolidated Cayman Islands joint venture company, which owns the drillship Joides Resolution. The drillship is contracted to perform drilling and coring operations in deep waters worldwide for the purpose of scientific research. The company manages and operates the vessel on behalf of ODL.
The company engages in offshore drilling services for international oil companies (or their affiliates), as well as for government-controlled and independent oil companies. Its major customer is BP.
Transocean Ltd. was founded in 1953.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRANSOCEAN LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRANSOCEAN LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRANSOCEAN LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRANSOCEAN LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRANSOCEAN LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Transocean Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Transocean Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Transocean Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Transocean Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Transocean Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. TRANSOCEAN LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRANSOCEAN LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRANSOCEAN LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRANSOCEAN LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRANSOCEAN LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRANSOCEAN LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Transocean Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Transocean Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Transocean Ltd. Major Shareholders
Transocean Ltd. History
Transocean Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Transocean Ltd. Offices and Representations
Transocean Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Transocean Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Transocean Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Transocean Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Transocean Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Transocean Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Transocean Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Transocean Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Transocean Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Transocean Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Transocean Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Transocean Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?