- The report contains detailed information about TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. business.
About TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd.
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. engages in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas in Turkey, Morocco, Romania, and California.
Turkey: As of March 15, 2010, the company held interests in 33 onshore exploration licenses and 1 onshore production lease covering a total of 3.36 million gross acres (2.70 million net acres) in Turkey.
Through the Incremental Petroleum Limited (Incremental) acquisition in March 2009, the company acquired a 100% working interest in a production lease in the Selmo oil field in southeastern Turkey. The company's crude oil production is concentrated in the Selmo field. Turkiye Petrolleri Anonim Ortaklýgý (TPAO), a Turkish government-owned oil and gas company, and Turkiye Petrol Rafinerileri A.S. (TUPRAS), a privately-owned oil refinery in Turkey, purchase its crude oil production from the Selmo field. The company has drilled six wells in the Selmo field, four of which are in production.
The company also acquired a 55% interest in an exploration license in the Edirne gas field in the Thrace Basin. In December 2009, it entered into a five-year gas sales agreement pursuant to which AKSA Dogolgaz Toptan Satis A.S. (AKSA), a natural gas distributor in Turkey, agreed to purchase all of its gas production from the Edirne field. With the acquisition of Incremental, the company also acquired: 100% working interest in License 4262 in southeastern Turkey; 100% working interest in four exploration licenses located in Midyat in southeastern Turkey; and 50% working interest in eight exploration licenses in the Tuz Golu Basin ( in February 2010, the company acquired the remaining 50% working interest in these licenses).
Through the Energy Operations Turkey, LLC (EOT) acquisition in July 2009, the company acquired a 50% working interest in License 3118 and interests in 10 other exploration licenses in southern and southeastern Turkey. License 3118 is located near the city of Diyarbakir in southeastern Turkey. The company is participating in the drilling of the Arpatepe-3 well. The well is flowing at an average rate of approximately 500 gross barrels of oil per day.
The company also expanded its portfolio of properties in southeastern Turkey through a farm-in agreement and through applying for licenses directly with the Turkish General Directorate for Petroleum Affairs (GDPA). It was awarded six licenses by the GDPA in the Malatya area. In April 2009, the company farmed-in to an exploration license, License 4325. The company is the operator and has 100% working interest three onshore exploration licenses, Blocks 4268, 4269 and 4270, all of which are in southeastern Turkey on the border with Iraq.
Morocco: The company owns interests in 10 onshore exploration permits in northern Morocco. It is the operator and owns 100% working interest owner in the Tselfat exploration permit. In 2009, the company drilled the HR-33bis well in the Haricha field on the Tselfat exploration permit.
The company operates the Ouezzane-Tissa and Asilah exploration permits. It drilled its first well on the Ouezzane-Tissa exploration permits, the OZW-1 well. It owns 80% working interest in two Guercif exploration permits.
Romania: The company owns interests in four onshore production licenses in Romania. It is the operator and owns 100% working interest owner in the Izvoru, Vanatori, and Marsa licenses. In 2009, the company drilled two wells on the Izvoru license, two wells on the Vanatori license, and one well on the Marsa license.
In June 2009, the company entered into an agreement with Sterling Resources Ltd. (Sterling) to farm-in to Sterlings Sud Craiova Block E III-7 in western Romania. In exchange for a 50% working interest, the company agreed to drill three exploration wells on the Sud Craiova license, each to a depth of approximately 3,280 feet (1,000 meters). The NG-01 well has been drilled and is awaiting testing.
The United States: With the acquisition of Incremental, the company acquired interests in three projects in the San Joaquin Valley in central California: farm-outs on the McFlurrey project and the South East Kettleman North Dome oil field and a small non-operated working interest in the Kettleman Middle Dome Unit. The McFlurrey farm-out covers 9,100 net acres of leasehold in Kings, Fresno, and Kerns counties in California. The company owns a non-operated working interest in the Kettleman Middle Dome Unit located in Kings County California. This unit produces approximately 125 gross barrels of oil per day along with small amounts of associated natural gas. The company owns a 5% interest in five existing wells on the Kettleman Middle Dome Unit (three are producing).
As of March 15, 2010, the company owned 5 drilling rigs that are located in Turkey and 2 drilling rigs that are located in Morocco. The company also manages 2 drilling rigs in Turkey for Viking pursuant to a management services agreement. The company is in the process of expanding its drilling services activities, particularly in Turkey, to include products and services used to drill and evaluate oil and natural gas wells, consulting services used in the analysis of oil and gas reservoirs and equipment and services used from the completion phase through the productive life of oil and natural gas wells.
The company was founded in 1985. It was formerly known as TransAtlantic Petroleum Corp. and changed its name to TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRANSATLANTIC PETROLEUM LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Major Shareholders
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. History
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Offices and Representations
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TransAtlantic Petroleum Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?