- The report contains detailed information about Total SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Total SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Total SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Total SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Total SA business.
About Total SA
TOTAL S.A. operates as an oil and gas company worldwide. With operations in approximately 130 countries, the company engages in all aspects of the petroleum industry, including Upstream operations (oil and gas exploration, development and production, LNG) and Downstream operations (refining, marketing and the trading and shipping of crude oil and petroleum products).
The company also produces base chemicals (petrochemicals and fertilizers) and specialty chemicals for the industrial and consumer markets. In addition, it has interests in the coal mining and power generation sectors, as well as a financial interest in Sanofi-Aventis.
The companys worldwide operations are conducted through three business segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemicals.
The companys Upstream segment includes the Exploration & Production and Gas & Power divisions. It has exploration and production activities in approximately 40 countries and produces oil or gas in 30 countries. Its Gas & Power division conducts activities downstream from production related to natural gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), as well as power generation and trading, and other activities.
Proved reserves: As of December 31, 2009, TOTALs combined proved reserves of oil and gas was 10,483 Mboe (56% of which were proved developed reserves). These reserves were located in Europe (mainly in Norway and the United Kingdom), in Africa (mainly in Angola, Gabon, Libya, Nigeria and the Republic of the Congo), in the Americas (mainly in Canada, the United States, Argentina, and Venezuela), in the Middle East (mainly in Oman, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen), and in Asia (mainly in Indonesia and Kazakhstan).
Gas & Power: The Gas & Power division is mainly focused on the optimization of the companys gas resources through marketing, trading, transport of natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG), LNG re-gasification, and natural gas storage. The division also contributes to the development of the companys operations in the areas of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) shipping and trading; power generation from gas-fired power plants or renewable energies; solar power systems and technology (through its subsidiaries Tenesol and Photovoltech); coal production, trading and marketing. The Gas & Power division also conducts research and development related to new energies that would be necessary to complement hydrocarbons, in particular solar and biomass.
The Downstream segment comprises the companys Refining & Marketing and Trading & Shipping divisions. As of December 31, 2009, TOTALs worldwide refining capacity was 2,594 kb/d.
Refining: As of December 31, 2009, TOTAL held interests in 24 refineries (including 12 that it operates), located in Europe, the United States, the French West Indies, Africa and China.
Marketing: The company markets a range of specialty products, which it produces from its refineries and other facilities. The company operates in the specialty products market, in particular for lubricants, LPG, jet fuel, special fluids, bitumen and marine fuels, with products marketed in approximately 150 countries.
Europe: In Europe, as of December 31, 2009, TOTAL has a network of 10,825 service stations in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, and, through its interest in CEPSA, Spain and Portugal. TOTAL also has a network of approximately 540 AS24-branded service stations serving commercial transporters. The company offers fuel-payment cards, with approximately 3.5 million cards issued in 28 European countries.
Africa & the Middle East: As of December 31, 2009, the company operated as a marketer of petroleum products in the African continent, with approximately 3,600 service stations in 40 countries and 2 networks in South Africa and Nigeria. It also has a presence in the Mediterranean Basin, principally in Turkey, Morocco and Tunisia. In the Middle East, the company is mainly active in the specialty products market.
Asia-Pacific: As of December 31, 2009, the company was present in approximately 20 countries in the Asia-P
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TOTAL SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TOTAL SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TOTAL SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TOTAL SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TOTAL SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Total SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Total SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Total SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Total SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Total SA Industry Position Analysis
6. TOTAL SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TOTAL SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TOTAL SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TOTAL SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TOTAL SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TOTAL SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Total SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Total SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Total SA Major Shareholders
Total SA History
Total SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Total SA Offices and Representations
Total SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Total SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Total SA Capital Market Snapshot
Total SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Total SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Total SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Total SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Total SA 1-year Stock Charts
Total SA 5-year Stock Charts
Total SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Total SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Total SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?