- The report contains detailed information about Toreador Resources Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Toreador Resources Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Toreador Resources Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Toreador Resources Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Toreador Resources Corp. business.
About Toreador Resources Corp.
Toreador Resources Corporation, an independent energy company, engages in the exploration and production of crude oil with interests in developed and undeveloped oil properties in the Paris Basin, France. The company is focused on the development of its conventional fields and the exploitation of the prospective shale oil play with in its Paris Basin acreage position.
The company operates solely in the Paris Basin, which covers approximately 170,000 square kilometers of northeastern France. As of December 31, 2009, the company held interests in approximately 750,000 gross exploration acres. As of December 31, 2009, its proved reserves were 5.8 MBbls (million bbl), and its proved plus probable reserves were 9.1 MBbls.
The company holds 10 exploration permits: Rigny le Ferron, Chateau Thierry, Aufferville, Nemours, Courtenay, Joigny, Malesherbes, Mairy, Nogent sur Seine, and Leudon en Brie.
Rigny le Ferron: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the Rigny le Ferron permit, which covers approximately 82,780 acres.
Chateau Thierry: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operate, the Chateau Thierry permit, which covers approximately 192,495 acres.
Aufferville: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the Aufferville permit, which covers approximately 33,112 acres.
Nemours: The company holds a 50% working interest in the Nemours permit, which covers approximately 47,197 acres (23,598 net acres for its working interest) and is operated by Lundin Petroleum AB.
Courtenay: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the Courtenay permit, which covers approximately 93,159 net acres located east of the Neocomian Complex.
Joigny: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the Joigny permit, which covers approximately 33,112 acres.
Malesherbes: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the Malesherbes permit, which covers approximately 65,977 acres.
Mairy: The company holds a 30% working interest in the Mairy permit, which covers approximately 109,715 acres (32,914 net acres for its working interest) and is operated by Lundin Petroleum AB.
Nogent sur Seine: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the Nogent sur Seine permit, which covers approximately 65,730 acres.
Leudon en Brie: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the Leudon en Brie permit, which covers approximately 25,946 acres.
The company holds two exploitation concessions covering two producing oil fields in the Paris Basin: the Neocomian Complex and Charmottes fields (Dogger and Trias).
Neocomian Complex: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the two concessions (Chateaurenard and St. Firmin Des Bois) covering the Neocomian Complex, which consist of a group of four smaller field units. As of December 31, 2009, the complex had 80 producing oil wells. An exploration prospect has been identified in the Dogger objective located 500 meters below the Neocomian producing reservoirs. The Chateaurenard concession covers approximately 11,268 acres, and the St. Firmin Des Bois concession covers approximately 3,973 acres.
Charmottes: The company holds a 100% working interest in, and operates, the Charmottes concession, which consists of two oil fields at different horizons (Dogger and Trias). As of December 31, 2009, the fields had seven producing oil wells. The Charmottes concession covers approximately 9,019 acres.
Toreador Resources Corporation was founded in 1951.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Toreador Resources Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Toreador Resources Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Toreador Resources Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Toreador Resources Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Toreador Resources Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TOREADOR RESOURCES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Toreador Resources Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Toreador Resources Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Toreador Resources Corp. Major Shareholders
Toreador Resources Corp. History
Toreador Resources Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Toreador Resources Corp. Offices and Representations
Toreador Resources Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Toreador Resources Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Toreador Resources Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Toreador Resources Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Toreador Resources Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Toreador Resources Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Toreador Resources Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Toreador Resources Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Toreador Resources Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Toreador Resources Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Toreador Resources Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Toreador Resources Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?