- The report contains detailed information about TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA business.
About TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA
TGS Nopec Geophysical Company ASA engages in the development, management, and sale of non-exclusive (multi-client) geo-scientific data. The company provides non-exclusive seismic data, products and services to the oil and gas industry. It engages in the planning, acquisition, processing, interpretation, and marketing of non-exclusive of 2D and 3D multi-client seismic surveys worldwide. TGS also provides advanced imaging solutions for client data.
The company offers complementing services and data products with an emphasis on quality control and verification. A2D Technologies, TGS well log subsidiary, provides digital well log related services and software. The company principally operates in Norway, and through its subsidiaries in Houston, Texas, and U.S.A.
The company operates in the global non-exclusive geoscientific data market, with ongoing operations in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia. The Companys marketed seismic library contains approximately 2 million line kilometers of 2D data and approximately 72,000 square kilometers of 3D data. Its library of digital well logs consists of about 3.2 million log images from approximately 1.3 million wells.
The companys subsidiaries include: TGS-NOPEC Invest AS (Norway); Datman AS (Norway); Nærsnes Eiendom AS (Norway); ANS Baarsrudveien 2 (Norway); TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company (U.S.A.); Symtronix Corporation (U.S.A.); A2D Technologies (U.S.A.); Riley Electric Log Inc.; TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company (UK) LTD.; TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company PTY Ltd (Australia); and Rimnio Shipping Ltd, (Cyprus).
The company engages in the planning, acquisition, and processing of multi-client geophysical data in major and emerging offshore exploration plays worldwide. Its 2D and 3D seismic library is among the in the marketplace, reflecting a long tradition of investment in both the data, and the people behind it. In addition to traditional geophysical data, the company has created a catalog of integrated data products, interpretive studies and related exploration offerings.
The companys processing capacity is the crown jewel of the industry, with one of the worlds most powerful supercomputers undertaking projects for both own and third-party datasets. In PRIMA, a depth imaging software platform, geophysicists have found an exhaustive workstation for viewing their data in entirely new and powerful ways.
The company also offers services to ameliorate the ancillary costs and resources required when using seismic data.
A2D Technologies is a petroleum well log data provider that helps E&P companies locate, acquire, utilize, interpret and manage well log data. A2Ds entire well log database, approximately four million logs, is available online, with most logs available for immediate download. A2D also provides well log related services, including custom digitization, and data management services.
Devon Renews Well Log Data Services Contract with A2D: A2D Technologies renewed and extended its multi-year agreement with US-based Devon Energy Corporation to provide complete access to well log data products and related data management services.
A2D Signs Comprehensive Well Log Data Agreement with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation: A2D Technologies, a TGS-NOPEC Company, has completed a well log data agreement with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
Data Acquisition: LOG-LINE Plus!, a web-browser based application for searching and browsing A2D's online database, provides geoscientists access to geologic data from all major US exploration areas and an increasing number of global locations. This collection of APPROXIMATELY 4 million logs includes data in every major industry format, including digital LAS data, raster image logs, and smartRASTER logs. The smartRASTER, a depth-intelligent raster log pioneered by A2D, is an industry preferred alternative to expensive LAS data.
Data Management: A2D specializes in providing out-sourced data management solutions allowing customers to focus on finding oil instead of data. These services range from in-depth well log use assessments to turnkey well-to-desktop management. A2Ds conversion and digitization capacity enables high quality cost-effective conversion of legacy paper and microfiche logs to a more contemporary format. A2D also provides hosting services at its triple redundant data center. Hosted well logs can be accessed securely through LOG-LINE Plus!, providing a single environment for accessing both proprietary and commercially available well logs.
Integrated Data Solutions
TGS has interpretation products for many of the surveys in the data library. In frontier areas, non-exclusive gravity and aeromagnetic surveys are supplemented by interpretation reports. TGS geologists have extensive experience in integrated interpretation, examining the structural framework and prospective relevant content of acquired data. The company also offers non-interpreted geologic and geophysical data packages.
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA has formed a Russian subsidiary. TGS NOPEC Geophysical Company Moscow Limited would market existing 2D seismic data and well log information in Russia to prospective clients and would promote the generation of new geoscientific data sets to aid in future exploration of the country.
On March 16, 2009, TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA announced the formation of a agreement with Petroleum Geo Services ASA to combine the TGS Hernando 3D survey and the PGS Discovery Desoto Canyon MC3D survey into one 3D multi-client project in the Desoto Canyon in the Central and Eastern Gulf of Mexico Planning areas. This joint survey, named Hernando would cover a 365 OCS block area (8,500 square kilometers).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Industry Position Analysis
6. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NORWAY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TGS NOPEC GEOPHYSICAL CO. ASA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Major Shareholders
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA History
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Offices and Representations
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Capital Market Snapshot
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA 1-year Stock Charts
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA 5-year Stock Charts
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TGS Nopec Geophysical Co. ASA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?