- The report contains detailed information about Teekay Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Teekay Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Teekay Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Teekay Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Teekay Corporation business.
About Teekay Corporation
Teekay Corporation provides international crude oil and petroleum product transportation services. The company provides marine services to oil and gas companies.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys fleet (excluding vessels managed for third parties) consisted of 158 vessels, including chartered-in vessels and newbuildings on order.
The companys organization is divided into various key areas, including The Shuttle Tanker and Floating Storage and Off-Take (FSO) Segment (included in its Teekay Navion Shuttle Tankers and Offshore business unit); The Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Segment (included in its Teekay Petrojarl business unit), The Liquefied Gas Segment (included in its Teekay Gas Services business unit), the conventional tanker segment, consisting of spot tanker sub-segment and fixed-rate tanker sub-segment (both included in Teekay Tanker Services business unit).
Teekay Navion Shuttle Tankers and Offshore and Teekay Petrojarl provides marine transportation, processing and storage services to the offshore oil industry, including shuttle tanker, FSO and FPSO services.
Teekay Gas Services provides gas transportation services, primarily under long-term fixed-rate contracts to major energy and utility companies. These services include the transportation of LNG and LPG.
Teekay Tanker Services is responsible for the commercial management of its conventional crude oil and product tanker transportation services. The company offers a range of shipping solutions through its worldwide network of commercial offices.
Shuttle Tanker and FSO Segment and FPSO Segment
The Shuttle Tanker and FSO Segment and FPSO Segment includes its shuttle tanker operations, floating storage and off-take (or FSO) units, and its floating production, storage and offloading (or FPSO) units, which primarily operate under long-term fixed-rate contracts. As of December 31, 2009, its shuttle tanker fleet, including new buildings on order, had a total cargo capacity of approximately 4.7 million deadweight tones.
The main services that the companys shuttle tanker and FSO segment and its FPSO segment provide to customers are offloading and transportation of cargo from oil field installations to onshore terminals via offshore loading shuttle tankers; floating storage for oil field installations via FSO units; and floating production, processing and storage services via FPSO units.
Shuttle Tankers: A shuttle tanker is a specialized ship designed to transport crude oil and condensates from offshore oil field installations to onshore terminals and refineries. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned 31 shuttle tankers (including 4 newbuildings) and chartered-in an additional 8 shuttle tankers.
FSO Units: FSO units provide on-site storage for oil field installations that have no storage facilities or that require supplemental storage. As of December 31, 2009, the company had six FSO units.
FPSO Units: FPSO units are offshore production facilities that are typically ship-shaped and store processed crude oil in tanks located in the hull of the vessel. FPSO units are typically used as production facilities to develop marginal oil fields or deepwater areas remote from existing pipeline infrastructure. As of December 31, 2009, the company had five FPSO units.
Liquefied Gas Segment
The Liquefied Gas Segment includes its liquefied natural gas (LNG) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) carriers. As of December 31, 2009, this fleet, including newbuildings on order, had a total cargo carrying capacity of approximately 3.1 million cubic meters. LNG carriers transport LNG internationally between liquefaction facilities and import terminals. The two major consumers of LPG are residential users and the petrochemical industry. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 15 LNG carriers and an additional 4 newbuilding LNG carriers on order; and had 6 LPG carriers, of which 3 are under construction.
Spot Tanker Segment
The Spot Tanker Segment, a subset of conventional tanker segment (which includes Teekay Tankers Services business unit), consists of conventional crude oil tankers and product carriers operating on the spot tanker market or subject to time-charters or contracts of affreightment that are priced on a spot-market basis or are short-term, fixed-rate contracts. As of December 31, 2009, the companys Aframax tankers in the spot tanker sub-segment, which had a total cargo capacity of approximately 4.4 million dwt.
As of December 31, 2009, the company participated in three main pooling arrangements. These include an Aframax tanker pool, an LR2 tanker pool and a Suezmax tanker pool (the Gemini Pool). As of December 31, 2009, 18 of its Aframax tankers operated in the Aframax tanker pool, 4 of its LR2 tankers operated in the LR2 tanker pool and 13 of its Suezmax tankers operated in the Gemini Pool.
Fixed-Rate Tanker Segment
The Fixed-Rate Tanker Segment includes its conventional crude oil and product tankers on long-term fixed-rate time-charter contracts. The vessels in its fixed-rate tanker segment primarily consist of Aframax and Suezmax tankers that are employed on long-term time-charters.
The company's customers include major energy and utility companies, major oil traders, oil and LNG consumers and petroleum product producers, government agencies, and various other entities that depend upon marine transportation.
The company's competitors include shuttle tanker owners in the North Sea, including Knutsen OAS Shipping AS; JJ Ugland Group; and Transpetro. It also competes with FPSO contractors, such as SBM Offshore, Modec, Prosafe, BW Offshore, Sevan Marine, Bluewater, and Maersk. It also competes with LNG carriers, such as Malaysian International Shipping, NYK Line, Qatar Gas Transport (Nakilat), Shell Group and Mitsui O.S.K. The company also identifies competition from operators of Aframax tonnage, including Malaysian International Shipping Corporation, Sovcomflot, Aframax International Pool, the Sigma Pool, Sovcomflot, the Blue Fin Pool, Delta Tankers, and the Stena Sonangol Pool.
Teekay Corporation was founded in 1973.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TEEKAY CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TEEKAY CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TEEKAY CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TEEKAY CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TEEKAY CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Teekay Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Teekay Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Teekay Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Teekay Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Teekay Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. TEEKAY CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TEEKAY CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TEEKAY CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TEEKAY CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TEEKAY CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TEEKAY CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Teekay Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Teekay Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Teekay Corporation Major Shareholders
Teekay Corporation History
Teekay Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Teekay Corporation Offices and Representations
Teekay Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Teekay Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Teekay Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Teekay Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Teekay Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Teekay Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Teekay Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Teekay Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Teekay Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Teekay Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Teekay Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Teekay Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?