- The report contains detailed information about Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. business.
About Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P.
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. engages in the transportation, terminalling, and storage of refined products and crude oil, and the purchase and sale of crude oil in 13 states located in the northeast, midwest, and southwest the United States.
The companys segments include Refined Products Pipeline System, Terminal Facilities, and Crude Oil Pipeline System.
Refined Products Pipeline System
The company owns and operates approximately 2,200 miles of refined products pipelines in selected areas of the United States. The refined products pipelines transport refined products from refineries in the northeast, midwest and southwest United States to markets in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Texas. The refined products transported in these pipelines include multiple grades of gasoline, middle distillates (such as heating oil, diesel and jet fuel) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPGs) (such as propane and butane). The company also leases to Sunoco 3 bi-directional, 18-mile interrefinery pipelines carrying feedstocks and jet fuel and a 4-mile pipeline spur extending to the Philadelphia International Airport.
MagTex Refined Products Pipeline: The company owns a refined products pipeline system and certain other real and personal property interests and assets located in Texas from an affiliate of Exxon Mobil Corporation. The system consists of approximately 480 miles of refined products pipelines originating in Beaumont and Port Arthur, Texas and terminating in Hearne and Waskom, Texas. The refined products transported in these pipelines include multiple grades of gasoline and middle distillates (such as diesel and jet fuel).
Explorer Pipeline: The company owns a 9.4 percent interest in Explorer Pipeline Company (Explorer), a joint venture that owns a 1,880-mile common carrier refined product pipeline. The system, which is operated by Explorer employees, originates from the refining centers of Lake Charles, Louisiana and Beaumont, Port Arthur and Houston, Texas, and extends to Chicago, Illinois, with delivery points in the Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Tulsa, St. Louis, and Chicago areas. Explorer charges market-based rates for all its tariffs.
Wolverine Pipe Line: The company owns a 31.5 percent interest in Wolverine Pipe Line Company (Wolverine), a joint venture that owns a 720-mile common carrier pipeline that transports primarily refined products. The system, which is operated by Wolverine employees, originates from Chicago, Illinois and extends to Detroit, Grand Haven, and Bay City, Michigan with delivery points along the way.
West Shore Pipe Line: The company owns a 12.3 percent interest in West Shore Pipe Line Company (West Shore), a joint venture that owns a 650-mile common carrier refined product pipeline. The system, which is operated by CITGO, originates from the Chicago, Illinois refining center and extends to Madison and Green Bay, Wisconsin with delivery points along the way.
Yellowstone Pipe Line: The company owns a 14.0 percent interest in Yellowstone Pipe Line Company (Yellowstone), a joint venture that owns a 690-mile common carrier refined product pipeline. The system, which is operated by ConocoPhillips, originates from the Billings, Montana refining center and extends to Moses Lake, Washington with delivery points along the way.
Refined Products Terminals
The companys 41 active refined products terminals receive refined products from pipelines, barges, rail, and trucks and distribute them to Sunoco and to third parties, who in turn deliver them to end-users and retail outlets.
Romulus Refined Products Terminal: In 2009, the company acquired a refined products terminal facility located in Romulus, MI from RKA Petroleum.
MagTex Refined Products Terminals: The company owns five refined products terminal facilities located in Texas and Louisiana. Total active terminal storage capacity of these facilities is approximately 0.4 million shell barrels.
Syracuse Terminal: The company owns a 50 percent undivided interest in a refined products terminal located in Syracuse, New York. Total terminal storage capacity is approximately 0
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS L.P. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Major Shareholders
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. History
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Offices and Representations
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Capital Market Snapshot
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. 1-year Stock Charts
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. 5-year Stock Charts
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?