- The report contains detailed information about Suncor Energy Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Suncor Energy Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Suncor Energy Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Suncor Energy Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Suncor Energy Inc. business.
About Suncor Energy Inc.
Suncor Energy Inc. operates as an integrated energy company. The company explores for, acquires, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas in Canada and internationally. The company transports and refines crude oil and markets petroleum and petrochemical products primarily in Canada. It also markets third-party petroleum products. The company also carries on energy trading activities focused principally on buying and selling futures contracts and other derivative instruments based on the commodities that it produces.
The companys operating business units are composed of Oil Sands, Natural Gas, East Coast Canada, International, and Refining and Marketing.
The companys Oil Sands business, located near Fort McMurray, Alberta, produces bitumen recovered from oil sands through mining and in-situ technology and upgrades it into refinery feedstock, diesel fuel and by-products. Bitumen feedstock is also occasionally supplemented by third-party suppliers. The company also has a 12% ownership interest in the Syncrude oil sands mining and upgrading joint venture, also located near Fort McMurray, Alberta. The company markets its crude oil product blends principally to customers in Canada and the United States, and periodically to offshore markets.
Aside from on-site fuel use, all of Oil Sands production is sold to, and subsequently marketed by Suncor Energy Marketing Inc. Primary markets for crude oil products include refining operations in Alberta, Ontario, the U.S. Midwest and the U.S. Rocky Mountain region. Diesel products are sold primarily in western Canada.
The companys Natural Gas business, based in Calgary, Alberta, explores for, acquires, develops and produces natural gas, natural gas liquids, oil and by-products from reserves primarily in western Canada and the U.S. Rockies. This business also has established resources in Alaska, the Northwest Territories (NWT), and the Arctic Islands. The sale of natural gas production offsets natural gas purchased for internal consumption at North American operations. In Western Canada, the company operates 15 natural gas processing plants, with total licensed capacity of approximately 1,273 million cubic feet/day (MMcf/d), of which the company's share is approximately 764 MMcf/d.
East Coast Canada
East Coast Canada business comprises exploration and production activity offshore Newfoundland and Labrador. The company holds a 20% interest in Hibernia, a 19.5% interest in Hibernia Southern Extension, a 27.5% interest in White Rose, a 26.125% interest in White Rose North Amethyst and West White Rose extensions, a 22.7% interest in Hebron and is the operator of Terra Nova with a 34% interest. The company also holds exploration licenses and significant discovery licenses in the region.
As of December 31, 2009, there were 33 producing oil wells, 17 water injection wells and six gas injection wells in operation. Field production is transported by shuttle tanker either from the platform to either a transshipment terminal on the Avalon Peninsula or, if tanker schedules permit, directly to market. Crude oil delivered to the transshipment facility is transferred to storage tanks and loaded onto tankers for transport to markets in Eastern Canada and the U.S. Suncor has a 14% ownership interest in transshipment facility.
The companys International business focuses on countries and regions where material positions of long-life assets may be built. This includes the exploration for and production of, crude oil and natural gas primarily in the U.K., The Netherlands, Norway, Trinidad and Tobago, Libya, and Syria.
Refining and Marketing
Refining and Marketing business refines crude oil at Suncor's refineries in Edmonton, Alberta, Montreal, Quebec and Sarnia, Ontario in Canada, and in Commerce City, Colorado, U.S.A. into a range of petroleum and petrochemical products for sale to retail, commercial and industrial customers. This business also includes plant in St. Clair, Ontario that produces ethanol for blending into fuels and lubricants plant in Mississauga, Ontario that produces specialty lu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Suncor Energy Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Suncor Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Suncor Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Suncor Energy Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Suncor Energy Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUNCOR ENERGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Suncor Energy Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Suncor Energy Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Suncor Energy Inc. Major Shareholders
Suncor Energy Inc. History
Suncor Energy Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Suncor Energy Inc. Offices and Representations
Suncor Energy Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Suncor Energy Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Suncor Energy Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Suncor Energy Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Suncor Energy Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Suncor Energy Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Suncor Energy Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Suncor Energy Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Suncor Energy Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Suncor Energy Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Suncor Energy Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Suncor Energy Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?