- The report contains detailed information about SMF Energy Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SMF Energy Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SMF Energy Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SMF Energy Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SMF Energy Corporation business.
About SMF Energy Corporation
SMF Energy Corporation provides petroleum product distribution services, transportation logistics and emergency response services to the trucking, manufacturing, construction, shipping, utility, energy, chemical, telecommunication, and government services industries.
The company offers various services, including commercial mobile and bulk fueling; the packaging, distribution, and sale of lubricants; integrated out-sourced fuel management; transportation logistics; and emergency response services.
Products, Services and Operations
Commercial Mobile and Bulk Fueling and Fuel Management Services
The company provides commercial mobile and bulk fueling deliveries on a regularly scheduled or as needed basis, refueling vehicles and equipment, and re-supplying bulk storage tanks, and emergency power generation systems. Its commercial mobile fueling solutions include the use of its patented proprietary electronic fuel tracking control system to measure, record, and track fuel dispensed to each vehicle and tank fueled at a customer location. This system allows verification of the amount and type of fuel delivered and provides customers with customized fleet fuel data.
Packaging, Distribution and Sale of Lubricants, Other Petroleum Products and Chemicals
The company distributes and sells a range of petroleum-based lubricants, including products such as gear oil, engine oil, heavy-duty motor oil, hydraulic oil, transmission oil, specialty high temperature grease and synthetic lubricants, from its Texas facilities. Its operations include the distribution of lubricants in bulk and the repackaging of lubricants purchased in bulk quantities. In addition, the company operates as a blender and distributor of specialty lubricants. It also distributes solvents and other chemicals, including those used in the dry cleaning industry.
Transportation Logistics Services
The company provides specialized transportation and logistics services utilizing a fleet of re-configurable tractor-trailer units to provide the delivery of specialized commodities, including heavy haul, over-size and/or over-weight machinery and equipment. These services are primarily supplied in Texas, as well as in the Southeast and Southwest regions of the U.S.
Emergency Response Services
The company provides fuel supply services to governmental agencies, utilities, communication companies, delivery services and other fleet and equipment operators when emergency situations, such as severe weather conditions and related disasters, create power interruptions, supply outages or access restrictions on its customers. The company provides access to emergency fuel supplies at times and locations chosen by its customers, allowing them to react to emergency situations. In addition, its emergency generator services program provides customers with ongoing fuel testing, treatment, filtration and top-off services to ensure that generators and other emergency power supply systems are fully fueled and that the fuel is in optimal condition for use at the onset of power outages. The company provides emergency fuel supplies in a series of scheduled deliveries for the duration of power outages based on the consumption and utilization requirements of these generator systems.
The company operates a fleet of approximately 200 specialized commercial vehicles, including fueling and lubricant tank wagons, tractor trailer fuel and lubricant transports, lubricant delivery box trucks, flatbed vehicles and special heavy haul tractor-trailer units. Its custom commercial mobile fueling trucks have fuel carrying capacities ranging from 2,800 to 4,500 gallons and are equipped with multi-compartmented tanks. The fuel the company delivers is acquired daily at local third-party petroleum terminal storage facilities.
The company also owns approximately 800 fuel and lubricant storage tanks with total capacity in excess of 1.7 million gallons. These tanks include bulk storage tanks located at its facilities and portable tanks used for the temporary storage and dispensing of fuels and lubricants at customer job sites. The company also delivers portable storage tanks to the customers job-site or other locations; and reposition, re-supply and maintain them as required, on a scheduled or on an as needed basis.
The companys commercial mobile and bulk fueling and lubricant distribution customers are principally companies operating fleets of vehicles and equipment in various industries, including the trucking, manufacturing, construction, shipping, utility, energy, chemical, telecommunication and government services industries.
The companys lubricant customers are primarily companies requiring specialty industrial oils, motor and gear lubricants and greases that must adhere to rigid technical and performance specifications. In addition, the company markets and distributes solvents and specialty petroleum products to dry cleaners and industrial customers in Texas and certain other products, such as fire training chemicals, throughout the U.S.
The company provides its services and products through 34 service locations in the 11 states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
The company purchases the majority of its lubricants primarily pursuant to a long-term supply agreement with Chevron who also offers marketing and financing assistance to its customers.
The company was founded in 1983. It was formerly known as Streicher Mobile Fueling, Inc. and changed its name to SMF Energy Corporation in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SMF Energy Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SMF Energy Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SMF Energy Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SMF Energy Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SMF Energy Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMF ENERGY CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SMF Energy Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SMF Energy Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SMF Energy Corporation Major Shareholders
SMF Energy Corporation History
SMF Energy Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SMF Energy Corporation Offices and Representations
SMF Energy Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SMF Energy Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SMF Energy Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
SMF Energy Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
SMF Energy Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SMF Energy Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SMF Energy Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SMF Energy Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
SMF Energy Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
SMF Energy Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SMF Energy Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SMF Energy Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?