- The report contains detailed information about ShawCor Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ShawCor Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ShawCor Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ShawCor Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ShawCor Ltd. business.
About ShawCor Ltd.
ShawCor Ltd., a global energy services company, provides technology-based products and services for the pipeline and pipe services and the petrochemical and industrial markets. The company operates primarily in Canada, the United States, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Middle East.
The company provides products and services to two general segments of the global energy industry: Pipeline and Pipe Services, and Petrochemical and Industrial.
Pipeline and Pipe Services Segment
The Pipeline and Pipe Services Segment consists of Bredero Shaw, Flexpipe Systems, Canusa-CPS, Shaw Pipeline Services, and Guardian divisions.
Bredero Shaw: Bredero Shaw division provides pipe coating, lining and insulation products. Bredero Shaws product offerings include specialized internal and external corrosion protection systems, custom coating and field joint applications, insulation coating systems and weight coating systems for onshore and offshore pipelines.
Flexpipe Systems manufactures and sells spoolable composite pipeline systems used for oil and gas gathering systems, water disposal, CO2 injection pipelines and other applications requiring corrosion resistant, high pressure pipelines.
Canusa-CPS: Canusa-CPS division develops, manufactures, and markets heat shrinkable sleeves, adhesives, sealants and liquid coatings for onshore and offshore pipelines.
Shaw Pipeline Services division provides ultrasonic and radiographic pipeline girth weld inspection services to pipeline construction contractors, owners and operators worldwide for both onshore and offshore pipeline applications.
Guardian division provides a range of tubular management services, including mobile and inplant inspection and the refurbishment and rethreading of drill pipe, production tubing and casing.
Petrochemical and Industrial Segment
The Petrochemical and Industrial Segment consists of ShawFlex and DSG-Canusa divisions.
ShawFlex is a manufacturer of control and instrumentation wire and cable for thermocouple, power, marine and robotics applications.
DSG-Canusa division is a global manufacturer of heat shrinkable products including thin-medium- and heavy-walled tubing, sleeves and moulded products, as well as heat shrink accessories and equipment.
In June 2008, the company acquired 100% of the outstanding shares of Flexpipe Systems Inc., a manufacturer of spoolable, composite line pipe which is used by oil and gas producers in applications that benefit from the products ease and speed of installation and its pressure and corrosion resistance capabilities.
In June 2008, the company completed the sale of its wholly-owned subsidiaries Bredero Shaw Nigeria Ltd. and Bredero Port Harcourt Ltd.
ShawCor Ltd. was founded in 1954.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHAWCOR LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHAWCOR LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHAWCOR LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHAWCOR LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHAWCOR LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ShawCor Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ShawCor Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ShawCor Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ShawCor Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ShawCor Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHAWCOR LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHAWCOR LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHAWCOR LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHAWCOR LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHAWCOR LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHAWCOR LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ShawCor Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ShawCor Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ShawCor Ltd. Major Shareholders
ShawCor Ltd. History
ShawCor Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ShawCor Ltd. Offices and Representations
ShawCor Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ShawCor Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ShawCor Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
ShawCor Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
ShawCor Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ShawCor Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ShawCor Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ShawCor Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
ShawCor Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
ShawCor Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ShawCor Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ShawCor Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?