- The report contains detailed information about Second Wave Petroleum Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Second Wave Petroleum Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Second Wave Petroleum Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Second Wave Petroleum Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Second Wave Petroleum Inc. business.
About Second Wave Petroleum Inc.
Second Wave Petroleum Inc., an oil and gas company, engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin.
Provost: In the greater Provost area of Alberta, the company holds 7,720 gross (7,516 net) acres of land; and owns and operates approximately 95% of the facilities and infrastructure in the immediate area.
Judy Creek: Through its acquisition of Milagro Energy Inc. in 2008 and subsequent activities, the company holds 45,280 gross (39,902 net) acres of contiguous land in the Judy Creek area of Alberta.
Tableland: As of December 31, 2008, the company owned approximately 47,630 gross (21,480 net) acres in the Tableland area of southeast Saskatchewan.
Rowley: The company has 2,720 gross (2,720 net) acres of land in the Rowley area of Alberta. It produces natural gas from three wells. The company's two 100% working interest wells produce from the Mannville, Pekisko, and Banff formations. Its 70% well produces from the Mannville zone.
Ferrier: The company has 2,080 gross (720 net) acres and 12 square miles of 3-D seismic in the Ferrier area of Alberta. It produces from two wells in the Shunda and Ellerslie zones with production weighted to natural gas. It has a 37.5% non operated working interest in two wells.
In November 2009, Second Wave Petroleum Inc. announced that it has entered into a strategic farm in agreement with a Canadian oil and gas company in its Judy Creek core area. This farm in agreement provides the company with access to an additional 44,640 total acres of mineral rights in the Judy Creek area that are contiguous to the company's land position.
The company was founded in 2004. It was formerly known as Second Wave Petroleum Ltd. and changed its name to Second Wave Petroleum Inc. in 2008.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Second Wave Petroleum Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Second Wave Petroleum Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SECOND WAVE PETROLEUM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Major Shareholders
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. History
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Offices and Representations
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Second Wave Petroleum Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?