- The report contains detailed information about SBM Offshore N.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SBM Offshore N.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SBM Offshore N.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SBM Offshore N.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SBM Offshore N.V. business.
About SBM Offshore N.V.
SBM Offshore N.V. engages in the engineering, supply and offshore installation of SPM systems for offshore loading and unloading of tankers or the permanent mooring of offshore oil production and/or storage vessels, as well as supply of floating facilities for the production, storage and export of crude oil and gas.
The product line of SBM Offshore N.V. comprises: offshore import/export terminals for crude oil, refined products, LPG and LNG, mostly based on the single point principle, Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) systems and other floating production facilities based on ship hulls, semi-submersibles and Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs); offshore oil and gas production services through FSOs and FPSOs, owned and operated by the Group; offshore construction and installation contracting services; and special designs and engineering services and delivery of specific hardware components for drillships, semi-submersible drilling platforms, jack-up drilling platforms, jack-up platforms for civil construction, large capacity offshore cranes, elevating and lifting systems, crane vessels and other specialized work vessels.
In addition, the Group is also in the business of owning and operating the Floating Production and/or Storage and Offloading systems. As of April 30 2004, the Group had fourteen units in operation.
The company's subsidiaries include The Single Buoy Moorings (SBM) Group of Companies; SBM-Imodco, Inc.; Atlantia Offshore Limited (Atlantia); Gusto B.V.; Marine Structure Consultants; GustoMSC Inc.; and NKI Group.
The Single Buoy Moorings (SBM) Group of Companies
The Single Buoy Moorings (SBM) Group of Companies engages in the supply of facilities and services for the development and production of offshore oil and gas fields as well as the systems relevant to the mooring technology at large. SBM is the owner and operator of the FPSO fleet.
The organization includes the business units SBM Systems for design, engineering and construction, SBM Production Contractors for operation of the FPSO and FSO lease fleet, SBM Offshore Services for after sales services and offshore contracting and SBM Gas & Power for offshore technology applications in the LPG and LNG industry.
SBM-Imodco supports the SBM Group of Companies in marketing and sales and the execution of floating production, storage and offloading system projects (FPSOs/FSOs) including LNG import/storage terminals for the USA. The company also designs, procures and fabricates mooring terminals, turrets and associated facilities and focuses on Research and Development for deepwater systems and applications. Additionally, it works with its sister company in Houston, Atlantia Offshore, on the design, procurement and fabrication of the topsides facilities for their products, thus enabling 'complete floating facility' solutions to be offered to their clients.
Atlantia Offshore Limited (Atlantia)
Atlantia Offshore Limited (Atlantia) is involved in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of deepwater floating production systems. The company's primary business strategy is to offer these deepwater floating solutions for project development on a turnkey basis to the worldwide marketplace.
The company has executed four deepwater projects in the Gulf of Mexico utilizing the SeaStar mono-column Tension Leg Platform (TLP) concept. This deepwater technology is suitable for drilling and producing oil and gas as a stand-alone system when offshore storage is not required, or in tandem with an FSO or FPSO. In cooperation with its sister company, GustoMSC Inc., Atlantia has developed a deep-draft semi-submersible Floating Production System (FPS) for ultra-deepwater development in the Gulf of Mexico.
The core competence of Gusto B.V. (Gusto) is the development of complete class approved designs for custom-built work vessels and platforms, such as dynamically positioned (DP) drilling vessels, work-over, pipe-lay and crane vessels, large capacity offshore cranes and jack-up platforms for civil construction.
Included in Gusto's portfolio is the design and turnkey delivery o
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SBM Offshore N.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SBM Offshore N.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SBM Offshore N.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SBM Offshore N.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SBM Offshore N.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SBM OFFSHORE N.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SBM Offshore N.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SBM Offshore N.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SBM Offshore N.V. Major Shareholders
SBM Offshore N.V. History
SBM Offshore N.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SBM Offshore N.V. Offices and Representations
SBM Offshore N.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SBM Offshore N.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SBM Offshore N.V. Capital Market Snapshot
SBM Offshore N.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
SBM Offshore N.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SBM Offshore N.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SBM Offshore N.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SBM Offshore N.V. 1-year Stock Charts
SBM Offshore N.V. 5-year Stock Charts
SBM Offshore N.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SBM Offshore N.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SBM Offshore N.V. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?