- The report contains detailed information about Sasol Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sasol Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sasol Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sasol Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sasol Ltd. business.
About Sasol Ltd.
Sasol Limited operates as an integrated energy and chemical company. The company produces liquid fuels, fuel components and chemicals through its proprietary technologies. It mines coal in South Africa and produces gas in Mozambique and oil in Gabon, and its chemical manufacturing and marketing operations Worldwide.
In South Africa the company refines imported crude oil and retail liquid fuel through a network of 406 Sasol retail convenience centers and Exel service stations. It also supplies fuels to oil companies operating in South Africa and other distributors in South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa.
The company operates in three segments, including South African Energy Cluster; International Energy Cluster; and Chemical Cluster.
South African Energy Cluster
Sasol Mining: The company mines approximately 41 million tons (Mt) of saleable coal per year, mostly for gasification feedstock and utilities coal for its complexes in Secunda and Sasolburg and export approximately 3 Mt of coal annually.
In South Africa, the company has three coal mining operations, including Secunda Mining Complex, consisting of 4 underground mines (Bosjesspruit, Brandspruit, Middelbult and Syferfontein) at Secunda from which 39,3 Mt of coal was supplied to Sasol Synfuels, its primary customer; Export Complex (situated in the Secunda Mining Complex), supplied by the Twistdraai mine at Secunda, producing coal for the international market (export coal sales of 3,0 Mt) and local market (coal sales of 0,1 Mt), as well as a secondary product (middlings), of 1,4 Mt, supplied to Sasol Synfuels; and Sigma: Mooikraal Colliery.
Sasol Gas: The company distributes and markets Mozambican-produced natural gas and Secunda-produced methane-rich gas to customers in the Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Free State, North-West, and KwaZulu-Natal provinces of South Africa. It also has a 49% interest in Spring Lights Gas (Pty) Limited, an empowerment gas marketing company in Durban, and a 50% interest in Republic of Mozambique Pipeline Investments Company (Pty) Limited (Rompco), a company, which owns, operates and maintains the 865 kilo meters cross-border pipeline that conveys natural gas from the Temane central processing facility in Mozambique to the gas network in South Africa. Sasol Gas operates a 2 242 kilo meters pipeline network in South Africa.
Sasol Synfuels: The company operates commercial coal-based synfuels manufacturing facility at Secunda. It produces synthesis gas through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using its proprietary technology to convert synthesis gas into synthetic fuel components, chemical feedstock and pipeline gas. The company produces majority of South Africa's chemical and polymer building blocks, including ethylene, propylene, ammonia, phenols, alcohols and ketones. It operates the oxygen production facilities consisting of 15 units.
Sasol Oil: The company markets fuels blended at Secunda and refined through its 63,64% interest in the Sasolburg Natref refinery (South Africa's only inland crude oil refinery). Products include petrol, diesel, jet fuel, illuminating paraffin, fuel oils, bitumen, , lubricants gasses and sulphur. It has 234 Sasol branded retail convenience centres (including 37 recent conversions from the Exel brand) and 184 Exel service stations in South Africa and export fuels to various South African Development Community (SADC) countries.
Sasol Oil encompasses the established liquid fuels, bitumen and lubricants marketing activities of Sasol through its commercial and retailing interests, featuring both the Sasol and the Exel brands. Operations include fuel blending and storage facilities at its Secunda operations to turn fuel components procured from Sasol Synfuels into market ready product
Other: This segment includes costs related to the pre-feasibility study for the expansion of its synthetic fuels capacity in South Africa known as Project Mafutha.
International Energy Cluster
Sasol Synfuels International: The company is developing and implementing international ventures based on the Sasol SPD process. It initiates and develops new ventures from project conception thro
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SASOL LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SASOL LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SASOL LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SASOL LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SASOL LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sasol Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sasol Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sasol Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sasol Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sasol Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SASOL LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SASOL LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SASOL LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SASOL LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SASOL LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SASOL LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sasol Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sasol Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sasol Ltd. Major Shareholders
Sasol Ltd. History
Sasol Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sasol Ltd. Offices and Representations
Sasol Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sasol Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sasol Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Sasol Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Sasol Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sasol Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sasol Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sasol Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Sasol Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Sasol Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sasol Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sasol Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?