- The report contains detailed information about Saipem SpA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Saipem SpA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Saipem SpA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Saipem SpA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Saipem SpA business.
About Saipem SpA
Saipem SpA, through its subsidiaries, provides engineering and project management services worldwide. The company operates primarily in Europe, the Americas, C.S.I., Africa, Middle East, and Far East and Oceania. The company is a subsidiary of Eni S.p.A.
The company operates in six divisions: Offshore Construction; Onshore Construction; Leased FPSO; Maintenance, Modification, and Operations (MMO); Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG); and Drilling.
The Offshore Construction division, through its fleet of semisubmersible vessels, provides integrated turn-key solutions to oil companies, as well as engages in the design, construction, and installation of offshore structures and sea lines in shallow and deepwater. Saipem operates technologically advanced vehicles, such as subsea ROVs (Remotely Operated Vehicles), including purposely-equipped robots, able to carry out deep-water pipeline interventions.
In the Offshore Construction sector, Saipem s.a. operates along with its direct subsidiaries Saibos Construções Maritimas, Bos Congo, Petromar, PT Sofresid Indonesia and its associated company Offshore Design Engineering. Saipem UK, Saipem America, Saipem (Malaysia), Saipem Asia, PT Saipem Indonesia, Saipem Luxembourg, Saipem (Portugal) Comercio Marítimo, Sonsub, Intermare Sarda, Saipem Contracting (Nigeria), Saipem Energy International, Saipem FPSO, ERS Equipment Rental & Services, Saipem Mediterranean Services, StarGulf, ER SAI Caspian Contractor, Bos Shelf and Moss Maritime also operate in this sector.
The Onshore construction division provides onshore pipeline installation services from conceptual design to construction, and commissioning covering pipelines, oil and gas production and processing facilities, power plants, and refineries. The company has laid onshore pipeline in approximately 60,000 kilometers in 20 countries worldwide.
The Company engages in the laying of large-diameter pipelines, especially in various environmental conditions and in remote locations. Saipem offers its services through EPC Lump Sum Turnkey contracts. The regions in which the company operates are Western Europe, North and West Africa, Middle East, Russia and Central Asia and the Far East. The company engages in the Karachaganak project in Kazakhstan. Other main projects under execution are located in Algeria, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
The Leased FPSO division offers floating production, storage, and offloading systems. It also provides engineering, procurement, construction, and installation services worldwide.
In addition to Saipem S.p.A., companies operating in the Leased FPSO sector are: FPSO - Firenze Produção De Petróleo Lda., FPSO - Mystras Produção De Petróleo Lda. The companies providing support in respect of engineering, procurement and project management include Moss Maritime, Saipem s.a., Saipem Energy International S.p.A. Saipem Fpso S.p.A. and Saipem Luxembourg s.a.
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
The LNG division engages in building onshore regasification terminals and storage tanks. Saipem has entered this market through Moss Maritime acquisition, and it has added SN Technigaz, a Bouygues Offshore subsidiary, capabilities. Operational activities are focused in the Mediterranean Sea, in addition to two projects underway in India and China.
Maintenance, Modification, Operation (MMO)
The MMO division offers end-to-end solutions, including integration of operations and maintenance services for energy services businesses. It also offers industrial maintenance services.
In this sector, Saipem s.a. provides services in Western Europe and Russia, in petrochemical plants and refineries, and in West Africa in upstream oil infrastructure. Operations are carried out through the companies Camom, Tecnoprojecto Internacional Projectos e Realizaçoes Industriais and Petromar. Also operating in this sector is Energy Maintenance Services S.p.A.; a company jointly owned and managed with Eni Exploration & Production, which focuses on maintenance activities for all Eni E&Ps industrial plants in Italy.
The Drilling division provides offshore and onshore drilling services.
Offshore drilling: Saipem engages in deep and ultra-deep water operations. The Company's mobile offshore drilling fleet consists of one drillship (the Saipem 10000, capable of working at depths of approximately 3,000 metres using its dynamic positioning system), five semisubmersibles (including the Scarabeo 7, a semi-submersible vessel capable of operating at water depths of approximately 1,500 metres and the Scarabeo 5, a fourth generation semi-submersible vessel capable of working at water depths of approximately 1,800 metres and drilling to a depth of 9,000 metres) and four cantilevered jackups (three of them with top drive drilling systems). In addition to these vessels, the Company operates platform workover rigs on behalf of oil companies. The company has primary operations in offshore Norway, West and North Africa, the Persian Gulf.
Onshore Drilling: Saipem carries out onshore drilling activities on behalf of international oil and gas companies, focusing on few specific areas worldwide. The company and its subsidiaries operate in Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Egypt, Italy Nigeria, Kazakhstan, South America and Russia. The Company owns 27 drilling rigs and 12 workover rigs capable of operating at depths ranging from 2,500 shallow depth to 10,000 meters in high temperatures and high pressure enviroment., Saipem also operates other rigs either owned in joint venture or wholly owned by third parties. These operated rigs are located in India, Peru and Kazakhstan.
Saipem SpA was founded in 1953.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SAIPEM SPA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SAIPEM SPA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SAIPEM SPA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SAIPEM SPA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SAIPEM SPA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Saipem SpA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Saipem SpA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Saipem SpA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Saipem SpA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Saipem SpA Industry Position Analysis
6. SAIPEM SPA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SAIPEM SPA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SAIPEM SPA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ITALY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SAIPEM SPA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SAIPEM SPA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SAIPEM SPA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Saipem SpA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Saipem SpA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Saipem SpA Major Shareholders
Saipem SpA History
Saipem SpA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Saipem SpA Offices and Representations
Saipem SpA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Saipem SpA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Saipem SpA Capital Market Snapshot
Saipem SpA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Saipem SpA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Saipem SpA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Saipem SpA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Saipem SpA 1-year Stock Charts
Saipem SpA 5-year Stock Charts
Saipem SpA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Saipem SpA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Saipem SpA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?