- The report contains detailed information about Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rhino Resource Partners, L.P.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. business.
About Rhino Resource Partners, L.P.
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. produces, processes, and sells coal of various steam and metallurgical grades. The company markets its steam coal primarily to electric utility companies as fuel for their steam-powered generators.
The company has a asset base with coal reserves located in Central Appalachia, Northern Appalachia, the Illinois Basin and the Western Bituminous region. As of March 31, 2010, it controlled an estimated 307.8 million tons of proven and probable coal reserves, consisting of an estimated 272.9 million tons of steam coal and an estimated 34.9 million tons of metallurgical coal. In addition, as of March 31, 2010, the company controlled an estimated 156.5 million tons of non-reserve coal deposits. The company operates 13 mines, including 8 underground and 5 surface mines, located in Kentucky, Ohio, Colorado, and West Virginia.
As of March 31, 2010, the company operated four mining complexes located in Central Appalachia (Tug River, Rob Fork, Deane and Rhino Eastern (owned by its joint venture with an affiliate of Patriot)), two mining complexes located in Northern Appalachia (Hopedale and Sands Hill) and one mine located in the Western Bituminous region in Colorado (McClane Canyon). It defines a mining complex as a central location for processing raw coal and loading coal into railroad cars or trucks for shipment to customers.
Central Appalachia: As of March 31, 2010, the company operated four mining complexes located in Central Appalachia consisting of six active underground mines, five of which are company-operated and one that is contractor-operated. In addition, the company operated three company-operated surface mines.
Tug River Mining Complex: The companys Tug River mining complex consists of property in Kentucky and West Virginia that borders the Tug River. Its Tug River mining complex produces coal from one company-operated surface mine.
Rob Fork Mining Complex: The companys Rob Fork mining complex is located in eastern Kentucky. Its Rob Fork mining complex produces coal from two company-operated surface mines and two company-operated underground mines.
Deane Mining Complex: The companys Deane mining complex is located in eastern Kentucky. Its Deane mining complex produces steam coal from two company-operated underground mines and one contractor-operated underground mine.
Rhino Eastern Mining Complex: The companys Rhino Eastern mining complex is located in Raleigh and Wyoming Counties, West Virginia. It has a 51% membership interest in, and maintains operational control over, the joint venture that owns the Rhino Eastern mining complex. The companys Rhino Eastern mining complex produces premium metallurgical coal from one company-operated underground mine.
Northern Appalachia: The company operate two mining complexes located in Northern Appalachia consisting of one company-operated underground mine and two company-operated surface mines.
Hopedale Mining Complex: The Hopedale mining complex includes an underground mine located in Hopedale, Ohio approximately five miles northeast of Cadiz, Ohio.
Sands Hill Mining Complex: The company operates two surface mines at its Sands Hill mining complex, located near Hamden, Ohio.
Western Bituminous Region: The company operates an underground mine in the Western Bituminous region of Colorado. The McClane Canyon mine is located near Loma, Colorado and is on property leased from BLM. In addition to the McClane Canyon mine, the company controls 3 nearby federal leases consisting of approximately 8,780 acres.
Other Non-Mining Operations
In addition to its mining operations, the company operates various subsidiaries, which provide auxiliary services for its coal mining operations. Rhino Trucking provides its Kentucky coal operations with dependable, safe coal hauling to its preparation plants and loadout facilities and its southeastern Ohio coal operations with transportation to its customers where rail is not available. As of December 31, 2009, its fleet included 44 trucks in Kentucky and 18 trucks in Ohio. Rhino Services is responsible for mine-related construction, site and roadway maintenance, and post-mining reclamation.
The companys primary customers for its steam coal are electric utilities, and the metallurgical coal it produces is sold primarily to domestic and international steel producers. Its customers include American Electric Power Company, Inc.; Constellation Energy Group, Inc.; and Indiana Harbor Coke Company, L.P.
The companys main competitors include Alliance Resource Partners LP, Alpha Natural Resources, Inc., Booth Energy Group, CONSOL Energy Inc., International Coal Group, Inc., James River Coal Company, Massey Energy Company, Murray Energy Corporation, Oxford Resource Partners, LP, Patriot, and TECO Energy, Inc.
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. was founded in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Industry Position Analysis
6. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS, L.P. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Major Shareholders
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. History
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Offices and Representations
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Capital Market Snapshot
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. 1-year Stock Charts
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. 5-year Stock Charts
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rhino Resource Partners, L.P. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?