- The report contains detailed information about QR Energy, LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for QR Energy, LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The QR Energy, LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes QR Energy, LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of QR Energy, LP business.
About QR Energy, LP
QR Energy, LP focuses on the ownership and acquisition of producing oil and natural gas properties in North America. QRE GP, LLC serves as the companys general partner.
As of June 30, 2010, the companys total estimated proved reserves were approximately 30.0 million barrel of oil equivalent (MMBoe).
The companys properties are located across four producing regions and consist of onshore oil and natural gas reservoirs. As of June 30, 2010, it produced from approximately 2,100 gross wells across its properties.
The Permian Basin Area
The company owns a 19% average working interest across 1,661 gross (313 net) wells in the Permian Basin. Its wells in this area produce oil and natural gas from various formations at depths from approximately 4,000 to 11,000 feet.
Fuhrman Field: The Fuhrman Field is an oil-weighted field located in Andrews County, Texas. The key producing lease in the field is Fuhrman-Mascho. Production from the field is primarily from the San Andres formation at an average depth of approximately 4,600 feet. The company operates 138 gross (138 net) producing wells in the field with an average working interest of 100%.
Cowden North Field: The Cowden North Field is an oil-weighted field located in Ector County, Texas. Production from the Cowden North Field is primarily from the Grayburg-San Andres formation at an average depth of approximately 4,300 feet. The company operates 45 gross (41 net) producing wells in the East Cowden Grayburg Unit with an average working interest of 92%. It has a small working interest in an additional 661 gross (2 net) wells in the Cowden North Field.
Wasson Field: The Wasson Field is an oil-weighted field located in Yoakum County, Texas and Gaines County, Texas. Production from the Wasson Field is primarily from the Clearfork and Glorieta formations at an average depth of approximately 8,700 feet. The field is operated by Occidental Petroleum Corporation, and the company owns a non-operated average working interest of 5% in 89 gross (4 net) producing wells.
North Westbrook Field: The North Westbrook Field is an oil-weighted field located in Mitchell County, Texas. Production from the North Westbrook Field is primarily from the Middle Clearfork formation at depths ranging from approximately 2,850 to 3,075 feet. The field is operated by Energen and the company owns a non-operated average working interest of 2% in 449 gross (9 net) producing wells.
Vacuum Field: The Vacuum Field is located in Lea County, New Mexico. The Vacuum Field consists of two fields: the Vacuum Field and the Glorieta West Field. Production from the Vacuum Field is primarily from the Grayburg-San Andres lime and Glorieta sand formations at depths ranging from approximately 4,600 to 6,300 feet. The companys properties in the field are operated by Chevron, XTO and the company. The company owns a working interest averaging 3% across 124 gross (3 net) producing wells.
The Ark-La-Tex Area
The company owns a 56% average working interest across 225 gross (125 net) wells in the Ark-La-Tex area.
Shongaloo Field: The Shongaloo Field is an oil and natural gas field located along the Arkansas and Louisiana border. Production from the Shongaloo Field is primarily from the Haynesville Sand formation at an average depth of approximately 10,000 feet. The company operates 75 gross (67 net) producing wells in the field with an average working interest of 89%.
Dorcheat Macedonia Field: The Dorcheat Macedonia Field is an oil-weighted field located in Columbia County, Arkansas. Production from the field is primarily from the Cotton Valley and Smackover formations at an average depth of approximately 6,500 and 9,000 feet, respectively. The company operates 20 gross (18 net) producing wells in the field with an average working interest of 90%.
The Mid-Continent Area
The company owns a 46% average working interest across 199 gross (92 net) wells in the Mid-Continent area.
Calumet Field: The Calumet Cottage Grove Unit, which covers the Cottage Grove formation, is an oil-weighted field located in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Production from the Cottage Grove formation is at an average depth of approximately 8,100 feet. The company operates 61 gross (33 net) producing wells in the field with an average working interest of 54%.
The Gulf Coast Area
The companys Gulf Coast area primarily comprises the Jay Field in Florida and the Big Escambia Creek Field in Alabama. The company owns a 29% average working interest across 14 gross (4 net) wells in the Gulf Coast area. These wells produce from various formations, as deep as approximately 15,000 feet.
Overriding Oil Royalty Interest in Jay Field: The company's overriding royalty interest in the Jay Field oil reserves would entitle it to receive 8.05% of oil production volumes over the life of the Jay Field. The Jay Field comprises approximately 14,400 contiguous acres located on the Florida-Alabama state line. The Jay Field has approximately 35 gross (32 net) inactive wells being evaluated for reactivation.
Big Escambia Creek Field: The Big Escambia Creek Field is an oil-weighted field located in Escambia County, Alabama. Production from the Big Escambia Creek Field is primarily from the Jurassic Smackover formation at an average depth of approximately 14,000 feet. The field is operated by Eagle Rock Energy, and the company owns a non-operated average working interest of 15% in 5 gross (1 net) producing wells.
The company's customers include Shell Trading US Company; Sunoco Inc. R&M; and Plains Marketing, L.P.
QR Energy, LP was founded in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QR ENERGY, LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QR ENERGY, LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QR ENERGY, LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QR ENERGY, LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QR ENERGY, LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. QR Energy, LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of QR Energy, LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of QR Energy, LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. QR Energy, LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. QR Energy, LP Industry Position Analysis
6. QR ENERGY, LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QR ENERGY, LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QR ENERGY, LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QR ENERGY, LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QR ENERGY, LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QR ENERGY, LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
QR Energy, LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
QR Energy, LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
QR Energy, LP Major Shareholders
QR Energy, LP History
QR Energy, LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
QR Energy, LP Offices and Representations
QR Energy, LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
QR Energy, LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
QR Energy, LP Capital Market Snapshot
QR Energy, LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
QR Energy, LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
QR Energy, LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
QR Energy, LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
QR Energy, LP 1-year Stock Charts
QR Energy, LP 5-year Stock Charts
QR Energy, LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
QR Energy, LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
QR Energy, LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?